Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: P229 Thoughts

Site Supporter
    Every few years I check in to see if the SIG 22x series guns with accessory rails have adopted a true picatinny profile or if they are still rounded on the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    Every few years I check in to see if the SIG 22x series guns with accessory rails have adopted a true picatinny profile or if they are still rounded on the bottom.
    Such was available for years across the product line with the "Combat" series

Sales lacked, and they were dropped. So they probably aren't going to change the accessory rail to a pic rail, since nobody wants it and there's no reason for it to be a pic rail, anyways.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Arms Unlimited has the M11-A1 for $750 which is the cheapest I’ve ever seen them. I’m not a big P series Sig guy, otherwise I’d buy one. It’s basically a P229-1 without the railed dust cover, which is the best looking P229, plus night sights, phosphated internals, and the short reset trigger.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    Arms Unlimited has the M11-A1 for $750 which is the cheapest I’ve ever seen them. I’m not a big P series Sig guy, otherwise I’d buy one. It’s basically a P229-1 without the railed dust cover, which is the best looking P229, plus night sights, phosphated internals, and the short reset trigger.
    Questioning the decision to not square up the QR tag with the slide. All the original M-11s I remember were square and not angled

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    If I was gonna buy a P series Sig for carry, that's the one.

Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    the original M-11s I remember
    This gun is not an M-11 by any stretch, it is just a 9mm P229 (second gen frame for the larger P229-1 9mm mags) with no rail that they slapped a tag on and renamed after the original as a marketing gimmic.

Not to put the gun down, it is solid, but the original M-11's were P228 based.
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    Questioning the decision to not square up the QR tag with the slide. All the original M-11s I remember were square and not angled
    It's just a sticker so you can peel it off and put it at whatever angle you prefer. Or just peel it off because it's going to slide around anyway once oil gets on it and you work it in and out of the holster a couple times.

How is the current quality/QC of new production P226/P229 series pistols?
    About a decade ago (edit: turns out it was about 2010-2011) I got burned twice in a row by a P220 Threaded Combat and a P226 Stainless Nitron. Then over the years seeing various QC issues with them and the P320 debacle, I haven't taken Sig seriously in a long time. I still lust after a P226 MK25, though, but not if they aren't up to the same standards of reliability/durability/QC that the P226's of old were.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    This gun is not an M-11 by any stretch, it is just a 9mm P229 (second gen frame for the larger P229-1 9mm mags) with no rail that they slapped a tag on and renamed after the original as a marketing gimmic.

Not to put the gun down, it is solid, but the original M-11's were P228 based.
    Oh, Im aware. Im just seeing the questionable placement as an example of lack of traditional SIG quality as discussed by SsampDweller below.

Quote Originally Posted by SwampDweller View Post
    How is the current quality/QC of new production P226/P229 series pistols?
    About a decade ago (edit: turns out it was about 2010-2011) I got burned twice in a row by a P220 Threaded Combat and a P226 Stainless Nitron. Then over the years seeing various QC issues with them and the P320 debacle, I haven't taken Sig seriously in a long time. I still lust after a P226 MK25, though, but not if they aren't up to the same standards of reliability/durability/QC that the P226's of old were.

I bought a P226 MK 25 in May '23 on my NRA Instructor discount, put well over 4K rounds through it this year and shot nearly every one of our club USPSA matches in production division with it. My only mods were a factory short reach trigger and short reset sear plus Warren Tactical sights.

Not a single malfunction of any sort. Sample of one but mine is every bit the equal of the late '80s Tysons Corner P226 I also own in terms of accuracy.

Sample of one.
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

User Tag List