Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 LastLast

Thread: P229 Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFries View Post
    It's just a sticker so you can peel it off and put it at whatever angle you prefer. Or just peel it off because it's going to slide around anyway once oil gets on it and you work it in and out of the holster a couple times.
    If I remember correctly I peeled it off before I even racked the slide for the first time .

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    Arms Unlimited has the M11-A1 for $750 which is the cheapest I’ve ever seen them. I’m not a big P series Sig guy, otherwise I’d buy one. It’s basically a P229-1 without the railed dust cover, which is the best looking P229, plus night sights, phosphated internals, and the short reset trigger.
    I was thinking about buying one of these but would like to see one in person first .

Final zero of my Romeo-X Pro on top of a P229 Legion SAO. Five rounds of 147 grain Federal HST from 25 yards fired from sandbags built up around my hands and the frame. These P229 Legions are very, very accurate…

Name:  IMG_0967.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  39.9 KB

Needless to say, I’m nowhere near that accurate offhand. The slight pre-travel in the P229 SAO compared to my P226 X-Five Legion and DW 1911s was giving the flinchies. Fired a total of 90 rounds of 124 grain S&B FMJ along with 10 rounds of Federal 147 grain HST today. The zero/POI for the two loads is pretty much indistinguishable. No failures with any of the ammo fired this afternoon or the other 50 rounds of 124 grain S&B that I fired yesterday (110 rounds total for this optic and slide assembly. Still need another 500-600 rounds with the gun and optic before my confidence in the hardware and my software are sufficient for carry.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

My extra Legion 229 slide just arrived, and next eeek I plan to mount a 509T, using a CHPWS plate, which should work well with the taller BUIS.

I really enjoy the 229, but as well as the Macro works for me, it sometimes makes me wonder why I even bother.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

For me it’s the combination of the crisp 4lb trigger break, very short reset, thumb safety, and soft recoil that keep me coming back to the SAO P229 Legion. This overwhelms the MACRO’s heavier rolling break, longer reset, and sharper recoil. The trade off is a thicker, heavier P229. I’ll take that trade.

I set the new Legion optic slide up with a 509T and put it on a DA/SA 229 I had. With the CHPWS plate, the BUIS that come on the slide are just barely usable, which is great for maximizing the display. It all functioned and shot pleasingly small groups.

Name:  IMG_6701.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  50.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    For me it’s the combination of the crisp 4lb trigger break, very short reset, thumb safety, and soft recoil that keep me coming back to the SAO P229 Legion. This overwhelms the MACRO’s heavier rolling break, longer reset, and sharper recoil. The trade off is a thicker, heavier P229. I’ll take that trade.
    Ergonomically, the Macro has a number of design features that, for me, help it punch above its class. I have started working at the 229, to try to increase my skills with it, and take advantage of its trigger and fast cycling/soft shooting characteristics.

Carrying the 229 SAO, I had the thumb safety come off in my AIWB holster. That in itself isn't a deal breaker, but it caused me to experiment with the DA/SA 229 some more, and it is growing on me.

Reviewer of the Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Ergonomically, the Macro has a number of design features that, for me, help it punch above its class. I have started working at the 229, to try to increase my skills with it, and take advantage of its trigger and fast cycling/soft shooting characteristics.

Carrying the 229 SAO, I had the thumb safety come off in my AIWB holster. That in itself isn't a deal breaker, but it caused me to experiment with the DA/SA 229 some more, and it is growing on me.
    How does a Beretta 92 compact stack up to the 229 in your opinion? Especially when considering that you can order one from LTT with almost any Holosun dot.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post
    How does a Beretta 92 compact stack up to the 229 in your opinion? Especially when considering that you can order one from LTT with almost any Holosun dot.
    I don't have enough Beretta with a dot experience to say.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post

My JM Custom AIWB Wing Claw-2.5 has a long sweat guard that covers the thumb safety for this exact reason. In fact, all of my holsters for SAO guns, both OWB and IWB must cover the thumb safety. Granted, it can get a little awkward with an optics cut because you have this long, narrow piece of kydex sticking up. However, it’s one of the tradeoffs that I accept to make sure I don’t ever ND into my leg or foot.

Name:  IMG_0980.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  62.4 KB

User Tag List