Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Firearm importation into Canada from South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by Wendell View Post
    You might reach out to BC's Ministry of Environment, asking about whether there is any reason why you could not carry a shotgun in the area you propose, and then - with their response in hand - contacting the office of the BC CFO, asking whether there is any reason why you could not temporarily bring in a "non-restricted Winchester 1300 shotgun" under a Non-Resident Declaration (license).

I predict that you'll be able to do this.
    Great

I will definitely get in contact with the relevant authorities
    Last edited by pdh; 02-12-2014 at 04:10 PM.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    It does seem reasonable. The Chilcotin is chock full of animals that don't consider people to be the top of the food chain.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Unless you are hunting (with supporting documentation) or have a match invite for a shotgun event, you will not be able to bring any firearms into the country. I would phone 1800 731 4000 to confirm.
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Slavex View Post
    Unless you are hunting (with supporting documentation) or have a match invite for a shotgun event, you will not be able to bring any firearms into the country. I would phone 1800 731 4000 to confirm.
    Would it then be possible for the guide to bring along a shotgun for myself with the necessary documentation? I think its a non-resident borrowing form. Or is carrying the firearm in the woods a no go anyway as i am not hunting or reasearching?

Assuming that Slavex's pessimism is correct, it shouldn't be too difficult for your guide - or another Canadian in the area you'll be visiting - to locate and/or to plan an organized target shooting event (that will require you to have and possess a shotgun) to which you can secure an invitation.

Skip Canada and go to Alaska.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

if the guide is Canadian and has a licence he/she should be able to carry a shotgun with no issues. depending on where you're going. but the guide should know that information.
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

I suppose I was the only one who read the title of this thread and was thinking that there might be a loophole to import surplus R1-FALs via Canada, similar to the way people claim they get contraband Cuban cigars. Not that I would ever do this.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Here are some more links:

AUTHORIZED EXPORTATION AND IMPORTATION
    Individuals

<http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/F-11.6/page-11.html#h-17>

Firearms Licences Regulations
    SOR/98-199
    <http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-98-199/FullText.html>

User Tag List