Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Elite Shooting Sports - New range coming to Gainesville, VA

Can't wait to use the 100yd range. Got tired of driving to West Virginia. That photo makes the bay look smaller than NRA.

I drive by the range everyday but haven't stopped in yet. I hope this is soon.

Hmm....which wide angle shot can make the booths seem bigger?

NRA...

vs...ESS!

"When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

A fair and balanced video on Elite Shooting Sports and "Guntry Clubs" and the popularity among women.
    Not bad considering it is the Washington Post.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/posttv...5f6_video.html
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Wow that seems a little too classy for me. I'm no grizzled hobo but it looks a lot more like a fancy golf club that somewhere where I can go plop my crap down on a table and really get some work done.

Not that I'm complaining, I'd welcome one here for sure, shooting in the cold is COLD
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    Wow that seems a little too classy for me. I'm no grizzled hobo but it looks a lot more like a fancy golf club that somewhere where I can go plop my crap down on a table and really get some work done.

Not that I'm complaining, I'd welcome one here for sure, shooting in the cold is COLD
    I think they have memberships for as low as $40 a month. Doesn't sound too crazy as long as they don't require you use their ammo and allow you to shoot reloads.
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Sure but it still looks fancy-pants. I'd still feel out of place when they have a cafe for God's sake. I'm used to plopping down at a range alone in the woods with a few bianchi barricades lying around for use

Site Supporter
    It's competing for customers with the NRA range (and some lesser equipped ranges). On the weekends and/or during the holidays, a 60-90 minute wait times are not unheard of for the NRA range.

If Elite gets popular enough to have long wait times, and when they host classes and matches, a cafe will be a welcomed addition.

So how have weekend waits been? I work at the NRA range and a bit over a month ago I worked a Sunday that barely had a wait at all, but the last 3 weeks have seen 1 to 2 hour waits during peak times on Saturday and solid 1 hour waits on Sundays. (during peak times).

So last month I figured it was ESS taking customers. But wait times now seem unchanged from previous years at this time.

The hope would be more places to shoot gets more people shooting.

I can't believe there's an hour wait to shoot, that's crazy. I'd just go home and dry fire more :P

User Tag List