Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Retro Action Pistol Shooting League

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrevor View Post
    Never seen him in concert, but I've met him three times -- twice at tech events, once at my favorite sushi place because he lived in my area for quite a while. Super nice guy, even recognized that he'd met me before when I ran into him at Semo Sushi. True story.

I like quite a bit of his work, but mostly I am fervently hoping that a certain wheel gunner gets top spot at a major match so he will have to make good on his promise to do the Hammer Dance on camera.
    This post needs multiple 'like' buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    There totally needs to be a stage paying homage to the #1 gun nerd movie of the '80s...
    Scarza! He's over behind the Chevy! Move on him!

ETA: Clancy Brown, who played MSgt. Larry McRose in this flick, has always been one of my favorite Hollywood tough guys. But now I find out he's the voice of Mr. Krabs on SpongeBob.

I am so disillusioned.

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Clancy_Brown
    Last edited by NETim; 02-15-2014 at 04:35 AM. Reason: Clancy Brown revelations
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Quote Originally Posted by NETim View Post
    Scarza! He's over behind the Chevy! Move on him!

ETA: Clancy Brown, who played MSgt. Larry McRose in this flick, has always been one of my favorite Hollywood tough guys. But now I find out he's the voice of Mr. Krabs on SpongeBob.

I am so disillusioned.

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Clancy_Brown
    But you have to overlook the Spongebob thing, because Kurgan
    (I'm overly fascinated by actors like him, who aren't exactly famous, but nearly everyone recognizes their face if not their name)

Quote Originally Posted by Keebsley View Post
    My bad. I fat fingered it in my excitement to say,"YIPPE KAI YAY MOTHER KITTENER!!!!" while shooting and running with no shoes.
    I should have added "Was that a typo?"
    BTW, my Christmas t-shirt, from W00t!
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    But you have to overlook the Spongebob thing, because Kurgan
    Wasn't he the bad guy in The Crow, or am I getting my heavies confused.
    Never mind, I have this Internet thingy here...
    No, I guess not.
    Clancy Brown - IMDb
    The Crow (1994) - Full Cast & Crew - IMDb
    Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    (I'm overly fascinated by actors like him, who aren't exactly famous, but nearly everyone recognizes their face if not their name)
    Also kinda wierd when a B-List actor gets famous. Bruce Campbell's was entitled If Chins Could Kill: Confessions of a B Movie Actor.
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by MDS View Post
    I'm pretty sure the only place this match would be legal is aboard a derelict vessel in international waters. Or Nevada, where it would be both legal, and insurable with creative prop bets.
    In all seriousness I was thinking NV would be a good option. Or Arizona, maybe. (The irony of having two of the free-est states in the Union right next door to the PRK does not escape me.)

Private land, invite-only with liability waivers, 240-degree ranges with berms on all four sides. No RO in the danger zone, maybe RO gets to follow by drone instead? Timing by start/stop pressure-plates/impact-sensors. Video cameras on poles all over stage above plane of fire, feeding monitors in spectator area.
    Looking for a gun blog with AARs, gear reviews, and the occasional random tangent written by a hardcore geek? trevoronthetrigger.wordpress.com/
    Latest post: The Rogers Shooting School Experience (15 Jul 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Wasn't he the bad guy in The Crow, or am I getting my heavies confused.
    Never mind, I have this Internet thingy here...
    No, I guess not.
    Clancy Brown - IMDb
    The Crow (1994) - Full Cast & Crew - IMDb

Also kinda wierd when a B-List actor gets famous. Bruce Campbell's was entitled If Chins Could Kill: Confessions of a B Movie Actor.
    The Kurgan is from Highlander...but he used a sword.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ralston View Post
    The Kurgan is from Highlander...but he used a sword.
    I know. I thought Clancy Brown also played Big Money, or whatever his name was, in The Crow. I was wrong.
    Glenn Reynolds

got it...

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    I should have added "Was that a typo?"
    BTW, my Christmas t-shirt, from W00t!
    You are my hero. Must go to W00t! and purchase said shirt as well...

User Tag List