Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Timers

I'm using a CED 7000 it works and I like the functions it has but it feels like something made from a 1970's do it yourself RadioShack kit. The screen on mine seems pretty fragile. I made a storage case for it when I first got it and the screen still got pushed in a little and has discolored on the edges. Also it's hard/impossible to see with sunglasses on which is a bit of a problem for me in Arizona.

When this one goes I'll probably look else where.

Had same problem.

The biggest issues with the PP2:
    • one of mine occasionally has the screen pixelate; the battery needs to be removed and returned to get the screen back to normal
    • both of mine have had the battery leads bend, requiring me to build up the battery area (with target pasters, as a matter of fact) to keep the battery pressed fully against the leads
    [/QUOTE]

About 2/3rd of the time I turned mine on, it would be pixelated also. I sent it back to MidwayUSA in exchange for a new one. Haven't had any problems since.

Chalk up another for the PACT Club lll.

Oils and Lotions SME
    I have a CE Pocket Pro, the plastic clip cover tends to come off, but no serious issues for me. We also use them at our club for IDPA matches.

I remember that two of them broke during the Sac AFHF course.

QUOTE=ToddG;937]They literally stopped working.

The first two were replaced under warranty. The second two were returned for a refund and I got the PP2s from Speed Shooter Specialties.

The biggest issues with the PP2:
    • one of mine occasionally has the screen pixelate; the battery needs to be removed and returned to get the screen back to normal
    • both of mine have had the battery leads bend, requiring me to build up the battery area (with target pasters, as a matter of fact) to keep the battery pressed fully against the leads
    [/QUOTE]

PACT Club Timer III

Site Supporter
    I really like the Pocket Pro II. The sensitivity adjustment range is awesome, (important for use on an indoor range) the screen is easy to read, and the UI is very simple. I have a zombie CED 7000 that was completely dead, but now appears to work again.

I have a PACT - I like the fact that is made in the US, and other than having to adjust the sensitivity once, no problems.

If you decide to go with a PP 2 (also made in the US), let me know - I can get them a bit cheaper than the norm at Brownells with my discount.

User Tag List