Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: USPSA …… again

Thanks. So to check my math -- a stage with 60 points done in 6 seconds has a HF of 10. Flipping it, one point equals .10. Using Production minor scoring, one C instead of an A is a wash at .20? For a 5 HF, the same C is a wash at .40, and for a 7.5 HF, the wash is at .30 for that hypothetical C?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Thanks. So to check my math -- a stage with 60 points done in 6 seconds has a HF of 10. Flipping it, one point equals .10. Using Production minor scoring, one C instead of an A is a wash at .20? For a 5 HF, the same C is a wash at .40, and for a 7.5 HF, the wash is at .30 for that hypothetical C?
    Correct.

Really, shooting minor, and speaking pretty generally a C is going to be a best a wash, and usually a loss. The only time I might (on purpose ) drift towards the C zone is a really tight no shoot/hardcover shot where the difference isn't A vs C but A vs penalty. That and really you can shoot an A as fast as a C, as long as you "do better" and "don't suck so much" which is my usual problem.

I've been shooting USPSA with the local club here in Payson, AZ for about 8 years now. Normally we shoot 4 stages each match with total round count of about 100 rounds. They will mix up low and high round count stages to keep it to 100 rounds. Round count went down during the ammo drought. We have a fair number of shooters who don't reload. We range from maybe 10-12 shooters to 30 plus, depending on weather. We get more in the summer when it is real hot down in Phoenix. Lots of us old farts here too, but probably not as many as Havasu.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Wow. We are spoiled here in Austin, TX. A "small" match for us is usually 20-30 people. One of the biggest was close to 100. We usually do 6 stages, about 150 rounds. Good stuff!

User Tag List