Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SIG P224

Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    There is a bunch of P224 .40 built guns manufactured in July that have had FTF issues. We'll documented on SF.
    One of many reasons why I am very hesitant to try out new Sig designs in the last decade.

Now you can't just drop that off and leave.
    IIRC, we were putting a utility truck bed onto a trailer frame. It didn't want to slide on too easy, so Dad got a good hold underneath, uttered a magical spell in the Mechanic language, gave a mighty heave, and.........promptly caught his right index fingernail between the end of the frame and the bed as it slid home. A decent amount of blood was involved. They sewed the remnants together at the ER, but he lost about 1/2 the length of that last bone at the tip. After he healed up, he figured he'd try something other than a DA trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Sotex View Post
    IIRC, we were putting a utility truck bed onto a trailer frame. It didn't want to slide on too easy, so Dad got a good hold underneath, uttered a magical spell in the Mechanic language, gave a mighty heave, and.........promptly caught his right index fingernail between the end of the frame and the bed as it slid home. A decent amount of blood was involved. They sewed the remnants together at the ER, but he lost about 1/2 the length of that last bone at the tip. After he healed up, he figured he'd try something other than a DA trigger.
    Sorry to hear. Just glad it wasn't gun related.

Sorry to hear. Just glad it wasn't gun related.
    Thanks. Was many years ago. The 239 had only been out a year or two.

I have a P938 Nightmare. I use it as my primary CC; however, it likes heavy ammo. When I first got it I was having at lease one or two FTF's per magazine. I switched to heavier ammo and the problem went away. One of the worst feelings is the concern your firearm will jam when you most need it. On the other hand I have a Springfield subcompact and it is flawless. I keep that one in my nightstand for any unexpected visitor who want to drop in without an invitation. :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I fell off the cliff, yesterday. I picked up a P224 Extreme .40. It was a weak moment, plans are for it to be a cruiser bag gun, will be ordering a .357 barrel once I can find a steady and affordable supply of .357. My department no longer stocks .357 SIG, but I really like the round for my intended purpose.

Initial range visit consisted of 300-rounds of Speer Lawman 165gr and 10-rounds Speer GDHP 165gr. No stoppages! Recoil is not for the faint of heart but completely manageable. In my experience, all issues manifest within this round count, so I am counting this one as good-to-go.

I used both P229 12-round mags and the OEM P224 10-rounders.

Initial range visit consisted of 300-rounds of Speer Lawman 165gr and 10-rounds Speer GDHP 165gr. No stoppages! Recoil is not for the faint of heart but completely manageable. In my experience, all issues manifest within this round count, so I am counting this one as good-to-go.

I used both P229 12-round mags and the OEM P224 10-rounders.
    how do you compare it to shooting a P239?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    how do you compare it to shooting a P239?
    Comparable, minus a finger for a full grip. The capacity and ability to use P229 mags made me pick the 224 over the 239.

After you do a bit more shooting come and report your findings.

User Tag List