Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New "duckbill" shotgun choke. Seems like a good idea.

New "duckbill" shotgun choke. Seems like a good idea.

It's my year of the shotgun, it looks like, so I'm interested in any accessories that will make me and the ol' 870 more tactical.

And here it looks like we've got a winner. The "Gator" duckbill shotgun attachment replaces the choke tube in your favorite scattergun.

The video for this product shows that it takes a good load of No. 4 buck and, instead of putting it into the dead center of an IDPA target's torso, now spreads it horizontally across two or more targets, or, even better, across one target and a lot of empty space!

Needless to say this seems practical and tactical, and I'll be getting one. Only problem is my 870 is a cylinder bore and doesn't have a choke, so I guess I'll have to figure some other way to attach it. Duct tape, maybe.

That sound you just heard was 10,000 personal injury lawyers achieving simultaneous orgasm.
    I am not fat, I am wearing organic body armor.
    "Foreign policy is best left to the people with a head for negotiation and satisfying others without really giving anything away: customer service representatives."
    - Sheepdog247

Pray and Spray!
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

New company or maybe newly manufactured items but th concept is not new. I seem to recall that Navy SEAL James "Patches" Watson talked about having one on his shotgun in Vietnam in his book "Walking Point."

New "duckbill" shotgun choke. Seems like a good idea.

I'm sure it was fine in Vietnam where they were shooting blindly into the jungle. Maybe not so great in the home.

Trivia: the shotgun in the original "Doom" had a duckbill attachment If its spread was anything to go by.

Also: attaching a duckbill choke to my shotgun with duct tape? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Before Doom, the guys in Contra pioneered the vertical duckbill shot. It was a somewhat specialized tactical tool for side-scrolling operating environments, but I operated pretty operationally with it, especially against the helicopter gunship, if I recall correctly.

"Your hands than mine are quicker for a fray.
    My legs are longer though, to run away."
    --Helena of Athens

Quote Originally Posted by TR675 View Post
    Also: attaching a duckbill choke to my shotgun with duct tape? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
    I think it is almost as good of an idea as the duckbill choke. Not sure why I didn't think of it except that I hate duct tape.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by don gwinn View Post
    before doom, the guys in contra pioneered the vertical duckbill shot. It was a somewhat specialized tactical tool for side-scrolling operating environments, but i operated pretty operationally with it, especially against the helicopter gunship, if i recall correctly.
    l r l r up down up down b a b a select start

The word ghey comes to mind

Quote Originally Posted by JeffJ View Post
    l r l r up down up down b a b a select start
    u d u d l r l r b a b a

Contra: serious stuff

User Tag List