Thread: Maintenance parts kit for M92FS?

Maintenance parts kit for M92FS?

My office has gone with the Beretta 92FS after having allowed us to carry anything in 9mm that we were competent with. They provide the pistol and three magazines and a box of duty ammo, but we take care of training ammo, and any consumable parts. We've had the guns for over a year so maintenance is starting to concern me. I've changed recoil springs out twice, and had a friend change the trigger return spring but that's all I've managed to do.

I'm trying to assemble a parts kit together since the local distributor doesn't have many parts in stock. My list includes factory magazines, recoil springs, hammer spring, trigger return spring, firing pin and locking block but is there anything else I should get?

Also, is there a factory manual that states the replacement intervals for the key parts of a Beretta?

Thanks PF!

Site Supporter
    Maybe a locking block plunger and pin.
    Last edited by JV_; 02-07-2014 at 08:52 AM.

I'd also recommend triggerbar and extractor springs. I believe that the recommended replacement intervals for the recoil, trigger return, and triggerbar springs are every 5K rounds, but in the case of the triggerbar and trigger return springs, I'd make that every 5K trigger manipulations (incorporating both dry- and live-fire).

Best, Jon

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    I'd also recommend triggerbar and extractor springs.
    Yes, definitely a trigger bar spring.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    Maybe a locking block plunger and pin.
    Agreed. I would look and see if your locking block is first generation (with squared shoulders). If so, I would consider swapping it out for a new one. The parts are available separately or in a kit form. Also agree with John on the assorted springs.

Brownells is the best place I've found to source these parts. If you are LE/Mil they will sell to you at dealer price.

As far as referenced, I like the ARMY TM (don't have exact number hand). It has good diagrams for maintenance and does have some recommendations on spring replacement. That said I would follow the advice of the knowledgable guys here and some other forums as their information is probably a lot fresher than the TMs are.

The 92 can be a pain to detail strip. You guys need someone who has been to an armorer school on hand.

Thanks a lot! This is definitely a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    The 92 can be a pain to detail strip. You guys need someone who has been to an armorer school on hand.
    A local gunsmith used to provide repair and modification services for the Beretta distributor here. I actually plan to have him walk me through a detail strip when his schedule allows.

User Tag List