Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "The Gun Box" Anyone have one yet???

The authorized accessor is required to wear a passive bracelet and have their finger print read, is that the concept?

Fon, the way I read it it's not an AND thing, it's an OR thing.

I wonder if this would work if mounted upside down?

For those into simplex and Fort Knox, thoughts on the pistol boxes that open from the front?

http://www.ftknox.com/product/personal-pistol-box/

I'm guessing if I put my "criminal skills" to work, I could bypass the mechanisms on this box in 5 min or less.

The Ft Knox boxes with Kaba locks look pretty good. Not sure if the magnet bypass will work on them or not because of how they sit in the housing.
    Last edited by SamuelBLong; 03-08-2014 at 05:13 PM.
    "I want to see someone running down the street with a sims-gun shrieking 'I am the first revelation' " - SouthNarc

for those that dont keep up on locks and physical security... here is a demo of the Kaba simplex bypass...

"I want to see someone running down the street with a sims-gun shrieking 'I am the first revelation' " - SouthNarc

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    For those into simplex and Fort Knox, thoughts on the pistol boxes that open from the front?

http://www.ftknox.com/product/personal-pistol-box/
    I went with the one with the top lid. It is large enough to put two pistols in side by side along with a couple of magazines, but I think there may be a front opening configuration that is wide enough to do about the same. If you're thinking it might work better under the bed (versus leaving something on the nightstand), I'm not so sure but I'd encourage you to find one somewhere and see how it works. With mine I figure I can place all of my fingers lightly on the buttons and open it in darkness if I had to. If the buttons are on the front and it's one the floor, I'm not imagining it being quite that simple. But, like most anything else, if you train for it, it's possible.

BTW, the only thing I didn't like about it was that the sides weren't lined. That was easily fixed! : )

Quote Originally Posted by TumblinDown View Post
    I went with the one with the top lid. It is large enough to put two pistols in side by side along with a couple of magazines, but I think there may be a front opening configuration that is wide enough to do about the same. If you're thinking it might work better under the bed (versus leaving something on the nightstand), I'm not so sure but I'd encourage you to find one somewhere and see how it works. With mine I figure I can place all of my fingers lightly on the buttons and open it in darkness if I had to. If the buttons are on the front and it's one the floor, I'm not imagining it being quite that simple. But, like most anything else, if you train for it, it's possible.

BTW, the only thing I didn't like about it was that the sides weren't lined. That was easily fixed! : )
    Thanks.

My intended location would be higher up,so I think the front buttons would be good for that.

I want to know if I mount one of the GunBox units upside down under a table, will it work properly? Specifically will the lid open so far as to dump the contents on the ground? That wouldn't work for me.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

I have a friend that owns at least two of these boxes and loves them. He can open them with his hand, his wallet or his cell phone.

kicking this dormant thread awake again.
    anyone bought one?
    site says they're shipping immediately, and I'm tempted.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

User Tag List