Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: "The Gun Box" Anyone have one yet???

So, got my Gun Box today. Looks/feels very well made for what it is. It is a temporary security device meant to keep kids and other unwanted access away from your pistol. It is NOT a gun vault. If someone really wants open it, it will take maybe 10mins max to bust it open with a few common tools.

The biometric reader seems to be very reliable. Seems to read my fingers and open quicker the more I use it.

Fits my G19 with X300 or X200 attached. Fits my G17 (stock frame w/No magwell) with X300 or X200 attached. Will fit my G17 with Rogers magwell attached as long as the pistol is set all the way to the back of the box (away from the locking mechanism). If your magwell sits close to the locking mechanism of the Gun Box, it may keep the box from completely closing. It may close but will sometimes get hung up when attempting to open it due to having uneven pressure on the locking post.

That's it for now. I really, really dig it so far. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks for the update Nick. I'm considering updating from my old S&W lockbox (built by Amerisec, I think) that has worked really well for me so far. Please add any more insights from further usage.

Reflections on the GunBox by Deviant Ollam

"Faaaascinating"

Maybe he should RTFM regarding the rfid/fingerprint reader.
    Last edited by NickDrak; 04-05-2015 at 12:36 PM.

The RFID scanner is located in the logo above the fingerprint scanner. Maybe if he actually waved the bracelet over the RFID scanner it would be more "reliable".

Also, that looks like an earlier version. The fingerprint scanner on the one I just received from the manufacturer has a more pronounced white square shaped reader that illuminates blue when pressed.

I'm not crazy about the override design. I may get a small cap bolt to close it up. I think a key override that I could keep locked up in my actual safe would have been a better idea.
    Last edited by NickDrak; 04-05-2015 at 09:27 PM.

User Tag List