Thread: Which laser?

Which laser?

I've read enough to convince me of the virtues of having a pistol laser. I understand more training is required and I'm more than ok with that. The question I have is which one? I believe I've it narrowed to three CT models: LG-417 (front activation), LG-639 (rear activation), LG-436 (front activation, rail-mounted). Their price differences don't concern me enough to be a deciding issue. I'm currently using a GFA and really like what that did for my shooting. The LG-436 would obviously allow me to keep the GFA, but do either of the other two provide GFA-like characteristics? Does one model tend to hold zero better than the others?

I have used 617, 619 rear activation for several years on 2 practice and 2 carry guns.
    Good points: keep my XL hands from getting slide tracked, usual laser advantages, mine kept zero (may be because they were installed on RTF and grip taped guns).
    Bad points: lump on right side of gun may print, not a confortably a beavertail effect as a GFA (I shot both at Rogers), shooting left hand lump bothers my left thumb some.

If you can put up with the bulk, run X400 and DG switch, with GFA.

I'm actually using the LG-436 on a Gen3 G26, it's the laserguard version. I bought it used from a forum member here. Aside from having to get custom kydex for it to carry it's been a great addition to the baby glock. I don't like the grip mounted versions for glocks. I pocket and belt carry it constantly and visually check it's zero a few times a week, so far it's not had any issues. I don't shoot this pistol a ton, it's got about 100 rounds a month run through it during the odd lunch hour range trip.

User Tag List