Thread: Lightening a Smith 3913 DA pull

Lightening a Smith 3913 DA pull

ALCON,

Is there a way to lighten the DA stroke on a SW 3913? It's smooth, but heavy, and I'd really like to lighten it by a couple of pounds.

Wolff spring kit. Install, test fire to be of 100% ignition. Test fire in DA, as in decock between shots. The SA hits a little harder due to more travel, so the DA shot is the one to worry about the most.

Lightly stoning the hammer strut to get the burrs off helps too

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    Wolff spring kit. Install, test fire to be of 100% ignition. Test fire in DA, as in decock between shots. The SA hits a little harder due to more travel, so the DA shot is the one to worry about the most.

Lightly stoning the hammer strut to get the burrs off helps too
    Are you talking about the reduced hammer springs that they sell? Or the spring kit? I ask because if I'm reading correctly the spring packs are all factory weights. I had initally thought to drop in a reduced hammer spring, but wasn't sure if that was the best option.

I would like to follow this as well. I have a 3913 and while I like the DA I wish I could take some squish out of the SA.

The kit that Wolff makes that has the various reduced power springs. You can start with the lowest spring weight, if that doesn't give you 100% reliability than you have the other springs are there so you can work your way up.

You can't do anything about the slack in the SA take-up outside of signifcant gunsmith type stuff, not that I am aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    The kit that Wolff makes that has the various reduced power springs. You can start with the lowest spring weight, if that doesn't give you 100% reliability than you have the other springs are there so you can work your way up.

You can't do anything about the slack in the SA take-up outside of signifcant gunsmith type stuff, not that I am aware of.
    Thanks! Browsing fail on my part when looking at their site.

I used a number of those spring kits for our folks back in the day when we all carried 3rd gen S&W 9mm at my job. Wolff makes good springs.

User Tag List