Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beretta Nano?

Correct. Any volunteers to step in front of my FMJ's? Lol.

Range log says 202 rds. I lied prior, 50/50 mix of 115gr and 124gr FMJ loads is what range log says.

Once my Federal HST comes in, and proves to function reliably, I'll be carrying with that load.
    Last edited by campbed; 02-04-2014 at 04:26 PM.
    If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis D. Brandeis

Beretta Nano?

Sounds like a plan.
    Ignore Alien Orders

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by campbed View Post
    Correct. Any volunteers to step in front of my FMJ's? Lol.

Range log says 202 rds. I lied prior, 50/50 mix of 115gr and 124gr FMJ loads is what range log says.

Once my Federal HST comes in, and proves to function reliably, I'll be carrying with that load.
    Seems like an awfully low roudcount for a pistol you've been carrying for almost half a year now...

I'm a big Beretta fan, and I looked at the Nano when I was in the market for a small single stack 9mm, but passed on one due to all the reliability problems that are well documented. It's a shame the Nano is a dud, I would have bought one otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Seems like an awfully low roudcount for a pistol you've been carrying for almost half a year now...
    Not everyone has the money to shoot every weekend.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowman_15 View Post
    Not everyone has the money to shoot every weekend.
    I am not exactly rolling in it myself - nor do I shoot every weekend- but I do prioritize putting a significant (500-1000) amount of ammo through a pistol I intend to carry to save my life....

An average (low end but quality) pistol costs 400-550 dollars. Night sights + holsters + a couple spare mags will probably total you another 200. A case of 9mm (used to) cost ~200 bucks. Shooting is not a cheap hobby, but I'd rather only own 1 pistol that has been vetted and set up for EDC than own 5 for which I collectively only have 6 boxes of ammo...

I have around 1,200 rounds through my Nano Without problem. Most were 115gr FMJ of various brands, but I've also done 124gr NATO and Hornady Critical Defense with no issues.

I have had a nano since Jan 2012. Needed a little break in but after 250 rounds it was flawless for about 1600 rounds only shooting 115gr fmj and what ever my carry ammo was 115gr critical defense or 124gr gold dots. Then I purchased the customer installable night sights and the gun went down hill big time. There is an hex screw that screws down over the extractor bar that I think was the issue. I sent it back to the mothership and told them about my sight theory and they replaced the sights, new extractor, tuned and polished the barrel and feed ramp and the gun is back to its old self with no issues since I got it back. I carry a 19 most of the time but its a nice option for summer carry or if I have to dress up for work. YMMV.
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose.

User Tag List