Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thumbs Forward Grip - Finger Alignment?

Your grip needs to do certain things, how you get there will be different for different people bases on physiology, gun type/ control layout, and to some extent priorities.

1. Allow the trigger finger to move to the rear without interference

2. Perform a consistent index/presentation

3. Have the sights track consistently

4. Not interfere with controls

There are probably more, but the point is that form follows function.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

I definitely see this as a subjective thing. I bet there are plenty of good and great shooters who use all the grip variations described in the OP.

For me, I fit my fingers together this way:

[IMG] Grip Left by OrigamiAK, on Flickr[/IMG]

I use what I think is a pretty conventional Leatham-Enos thumbs forward grip. The finger interlacing you can see there is how my hands stay locked together best for me, and keeps the gun moving pretty consistently and predictably straight up and down in recoil. I have experimented with trying to get my left pinky finger higher, but there isn't room for it unless I move all my other fingers up too. Then I sometimes run into trouble with my left index finger partially blocking my right index finger from getting cleanly onto the trigger. That also requires that I cant my left wrist forward more than I prefer, which further undermines locking my fingers/hands together because it messes up the angles of engagement between my support and strong hand fingers.

Here's the other side, just for additional reference:

[IMG] Grip Right by OrigamiAK, on Flickr[/IMG]

Sorry for the lousy pictures, they are screen captures pulled out of videos.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

User Tag List