Page 1 of 43 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ 75 SP01 Mink Shadow

CZ 75 SP01 Mink Shadow

I have a pair of Matt Mink tuned CZ SP01 Shadow pistols.

For a number of reasons, I haven't had as many live fire sessions in January as I would have liked. However, I can say without question, that I shoot the CZ measurably better than any pistol I have ever shot.

In my few range sessions, I have had personal records in:

fastest draws to a high prob target (.03 faster than my best with a Glock, which was my standard previously)

fastest reloads

fastest Bill drill

best support hand shooting at distance

fastest times to a hit from the extended, confirmed ready.

In addition, I have consistently shot better unsupported groups at 25 yards with this pistol, than any I can remember.

The pistol has been completely reliable through +/- 2,000 rounds that I have through it.

I get it that it is the Indian and not the arrow, but this arrow is very impressive.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Do you like it better than the SIG P226?

I'm not surprised. I got my first range session with my CZ 75BD by JeffJ (with lots of parts, and patience on the phone by Cajun Gun Works) yesterday, and it's impressive. I was more function checking than anything, but I can't wait to get more rounds out of this one. It could be new gun phenomena, but I really feel like I've bought some skill compared to my Glocks.

I would definitely like to try a Mink SP-01 or shadow. I'm already pretty impressed with my own amateur/CGW-parts SP-01 trigger job and I'm sure mine can't hold a candle to what Mink or CZ Custom can do.

Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    Do you like it better than the SIG P226?
    I really like the 226, although the Beretta is slightly easier for me to shoot than the Sig. The CZ blows the Beretta away. By far, the CZ has the best feature set of any pistol I have shot, as evaluated by my performance on the timer.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    I wish I could reach the slide release with my strong hand.

I'm going to be getting a CZ or two soon, i'm just torn on whether to spend the money on something inexpensive like a P-09 or really throw down the coin for a pair of Mink'd/CZ Custom SP-01 Shadows/Accu-Shadows.

GJM - do you know the springs/parts replacement schedule for your SP-01s? My biggest concern about these guns is if they are 1911-like in their need for attention.

Do the Mink-modified SP-01s have the pre-travel limited in SA like the new CZ Custom ones do?

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    I wish I could reach the slide release with my strong hand.
    Have you tried it with the extended SP-01/shadow slide stop?

Site Supporter
    I tried it with an extended version, but I don't know the manufacturer. It was borrowed from joshs.

Dare I ask how much they set you back?
    Taking a break from social media.

User Tag List