Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Subdued 2 dot tritium rear sights?

Warren tactical has both 1 and 2 dot rear sights. They use yellow tritium which isn't as bright as green.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    I have only used the circle and square fronts with non U rears. While I like the square fronts presuming equal availability, I have not noticed any difference in terms of speed or accuracy on the guns that have circle fronts when comparing historic drill scores etc.
    I gravitated a bit more toward square if for no other reason that they was more of the orange for my eye to pick up at speed.
    Do you know by any chance if the Hack front vs the Cap front have different POI/POA? While the heights and rears of the gun will be the same. Do you "cover target with dot" or do you shoot "half bullseye"?

Site Supporter
    I do not know re poi/poa. I cover the target with the dot.

Quote Originally Posted by Elbowtko View Post
    Do you know by any chance if the Hack front vs the Cap front have different POI/POA? While the heights and rears of the gun will be the same. Do you "cover target with dot" or do you shoot "half bullseye"?
    I have an ameriglo front cap on a g19. Rear factory glock tritium sight with the same height as a comparable ameriglo. With 124 +p gold dot I use the top edge to "split" the target in half at 20 yards and it impacts right at the edge of the sight.

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    Warren tactical has both 1 and 2 dot rear sights. They use yellow tritium which isn't as bright as green.
    Warren Tactical uses either green or amber for their rear sights. The amber has roughly half the longevity of the green and yellow sights.

Thanks for all your answers

I decided to go with the Ameriglo Orange Cap front sight and the Pro operator rears in yellow! Now hopefully I won't destroy the rear vials while installing it.

User Tag List