Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dual Illuminated RMR (green triangle) on a handgun?

They are easily adjusted while in the holster. We have been running RDS on pistols for nearly 4 years now--it is not a big issue to adjust the dot intensity. It also no different than working an RDS on a carbine or shotgun.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Without wanting to sound dumber than normal. How is adjustable intensity of any value in something as reactive as a pistol fight?
    Hello I am going the other way. Have three RMR's all are triangles of different colors. I have the amber, red and green. Much prefer the green. ALL are on HUNTING guns from 10mm, 460 Rowland (Glocks) and now 44 mag. (smith 29.) Had one on a FA 454 but ARTHUR in the hand prevented me from using it any more. Great for Deer hunting. Longer shots use the point of the triangle. Shorter shot the entire triangle on the chest is deadly. Absolutely no issues no matter the light conditions, especially at Dawn or Dusk.

Unless you wear a mid thigh iwb holster I don't see how reaching down and hitting a button twice would be hard to do with out looking or proclaiming to the world I HAS GUN!
    Last edited by Luke; 08-03-2015 at 11:50 AM.

Been quite a few places in the world; stalls in a restroom or some other hidey-hole aren't exactly rooster-tooth uncommon.

Barring that: how often dudes pocket-pat or hand-jive as they reach for their phone/wallet/worry-beads/pen/business cards...or adjust their beanbag...in the course of the day + how most of any given society perceives the things they see in the context in which they expect to see things = hitting a button a couple of times isn't like solving a Rubik's Cube.

Sorry for bringing this back to life, but it's relevant to my interests. I am considering an RM04. This is a circular amber dot of 6 or 7moa, I believe it is. It will be going on a benelli m1014, with irons visible on the same plane. It is the dual illuminated version.

I want dual illumination because this is kindof a KISS build. If the rmr gets washed with a wml, I plan on going irons. They are right there...

My question is, does the slight distortion or magnification of the rmr mess with iron use on a long gun, causing zero shift or anything like an Aimpoint t2 does?

Second, how bad is washout on the rmr? I get that a wml should likely erase it totally, but what about shooting at a covered outdokr range or under a deer stand with a roof on it on a sunny day?

I had one...

http://www.vdmsr.com/2014/10/the-rmr-journey.html

It's an interesting setup, very difficult to get used to though.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    I had one...

http://www.vdmsr.com/2014/10/the-rmr-journey.html

It's an interesting setup, very difficult to get used to though.
    I see yours was on a pistol. I have shot RDS pistols before, and yes, there is a learning curve. This is going on a Benelli M1014 shotgun, though, so I don't expect much of a curve, or am I in for a surprise?

How did you find the propensity to "wash out" in varying conditions? Did it take something "extreme" like being in a dark room and shooting out into a sunlit area to bother you, or was it "varying shades of gray" a lot of the time, so to speak?

Dual Illuminated RMR (green triangle) on a handgun?

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    I see yours was on a pistol. I have shot RDS pistols before, and yes, there is a learning curve. This is going on a Benelli M1014 shotgun, though, so I don't expect much of a curve, or am I in for a surprise?

How did you find the propensity to "wash out" in varying conditions? Did it take something "extreme" like being in a dark room and shooting out into a sunlit area to bother you, or was it "varying shades of gray" a lot of the time, so to speak?
    I had dual illuminated Trijicon reflex sights as far back as 2005. They would wash out when the WML would be activated and when you were in a shaded area aiming at something in bright sunlight.

I know I'm wasting my time even bothering with trying to point you in the right direction, but I would opt for an Aimpoint T1/T2 with that new co-witnessing mount I saw for a Benelli M4.

JR1572

https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com...tegory_id=2555

Linky-link to mount.
    Last edited by JR1572; 06-11-2016 at 08:17 AM. Reason: additional information...

Again, I find no use for the dual illuminated RMR on serious use guns. You want to go KISS? Put a micro-Aimpoint on it...
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by JR1572 View Post
    I had dual illuminated Trijicon reflex sights as far back as 2005. They would wash out when the WML would be activated and when you were in a shaded area aiming at something in bright sunlight.

I know I'm wasting my time even bothering with trying to point you in the right direction, but I would opt for an Aimpoint T1/T2 with that new co-witnessing mount I saw for a Benelli M4.

JR1572

https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com...tegory_id=2555

Linky-link to mount.
    Can you ACTUALLY co-witness it, though? I have yet to find a picture through the optic window with that mount, also showing a PROPER sight picture with the irons, and that tells me "probably not". However...I'm still asking. I can get the RMR to actually co-witness with the M1014 using the correct mount by Scalarworks. This is what MI posted on another forum, and that is not how I look through my sights...

http://s1185.photobucket.com/user/Mi...gpjgy.jpg.html
    Last edited by Unobtanium; 06-11-2016 at 08:22 AM.

User Tag List