Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dual Illuminated RMR (green triangle) on a handgun?

Yes, I can co-witness through both a micro-Aimpoint or an RMR, but why not just go with an RDS that will work all the time?
    Last edited by DocGKR; 06-11-2016 at 08:21 AM.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    I see yours was on a pistol. I have shot RDS pistols before, and yes, there is a learning curve. This is going on a Benelli M1014 shotgun, though, so I don't expect much of a curve, or am I in for a surprise?

How did you find the propensity to "wash out" in varying conditions? Did it take something "extreme" like being in a dark room and shooting out into a sunlit area to bother you, or was it "varying shades of gray" a lot of the time, so to speak?
    So I also had an RX06 on a rifle - http://www.vdmsr.com/2014/11/trijico...moa-amber.html

For a rifle, my recommendation is as others, get an RDS.

For shotgun though, and please take this with speculation as I've never run a shotgun with a triangle, it may work well if you understand the spread and drop...
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Yes, I can co-witness through both a micro-Aimpoint or an RMR, but why not just go with an RDS that will work all the time?
    You have the new MI mount?

I don't own the dual illuminated model, but I would have two concerns:

1) the inability to adjust intensity could cause a different situation than washing out, but rather that it blooms in low light, like hunting deer first light.

2) if the emitter gets moisture on it, it starbursts bad enough that you can't use your aperture sights on the Benelli. With the RM06, you can turn the emitter off and I believe get rid of the starbursting.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I don't own the dual illuminated model, but I would have two concerns:

1) the inability to adjust intensity could cause a different situation than washing out, but rather that it blooms in low light, like hunting deer first light.

2) if the emitter gets moisture on it, it starbursts bad enough that you can't use your aperture sights on the Benelli. With the RM06, you can turn the emitter off and I believe get rid of the starbursting.
    I sent a few T&E'ers with the new MI/T2 mount a few questions. WIth as much push-back from everyone as I'm getting on the RMR...even from people who've used it, I am really hoping the MI mount gets it done. I think a T2 would be stellar for this application, if the mount is G2G.

For someone with astigmatism, is the dual-illum RMR better than just straight irons? If I get taller irons to fall back on if the reticle washes out, wouldn't having the advantage present most of the time be a worthwhile investment?

I've tried both T1s and RMR06 and they're really useless for me.

Quote Originally Posted by SirSqueeboo View Post
    For someone with astigmatism, is the dual-illum RMR better than just straight irons? If I get taller irons to fall back on if the reticle washes out, wouldn't having the advantage present most of the time be a worthwhile investment?

I've tried both T1s and RMR06 and they're really useless for me.
    If you're application is on a pistol? I'd still say no.

I tried the RM08 on a Suarez milled Glock because I also have an astigmatism and wanted to jump into the micro-dot on a pistol club. I was trying to "buy skill" as my friend had a similar setup with a Doctor Optic III and was shooting clays at 50 yards easily. I couldn't shoot from a covered position looking into the sunny range in Florida and track the green triangle as it washed out so bad. In testing at home using a flashlight (in my case an X300U or E2D Defender Ultra) the triangle again became a ghost and not track-able. I was really disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by jwperry View Post
    If you're application is on a pistol? I'd still say no.

I tried the RM08 on a Suarez milled Glock because I also have an astigmatism and wanted to jump into the micro-dot on a pistol club. I was trying to "buy skill" as my friend had a similar setup with a Doctor Optic III and was shooting clays at 50 yards easily. I couldn't shoot from a covered position looking into the sunny range in Florida and track the green triangle as it washed out so bad. In testing at home using a flashlight (in my case an X300U or E2D Defender Ultra) the triangle again became a ghost and not track-able. I was really disappointed.
    Yes, it would be going on my G19 with an X300U. Really appreciate the input from a fellow sufferer. Looks like I need to invest in some eye surgery first.

Dual Illuminated RMR (green triangle) on a handgun?

Quote Originally Posted by SirSqueeboo View Post
    Yes, it would be going on my G19 with an X300U. Really appreciate the input from a fellow sufferer. Looks like I need to invest in some eye surgery first.
    I would not recommend dual illum models (outside a few specific needs). Standard LED models work well (coming from someone with astigmatism). Unless batteries are an issue, look at the LED models. The triangle is a very niche reticle. 99.9% of folks will be best served by a dot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sigfan26; 10-13-2016 at 12:45 AM.

User Tag List