Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Increasing pre-travel on a Glock trigger

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    It's a very cheap part to experiment on. $10 or so.
    It's not that you could break a cheap part, it's that you could be disabling a safety on a carry gun - and not know it.

My gut is that if you find the pre-travel on a stock Glock unacceptable, rather than become a test pilot modifying stuff, there is a better solution called a LEM or DA/SA gun.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Drawing the cruciform rearward, to one extent or another depending on the amount, reduces the shelf area for the drop safety, brings the trigger bar upright to or onto the FP safety, increases tension on the striker, and may start the trigger bar down the connector toward disengagement.

If safely conducted, an interesting experiment. Still, best to use another system if the existing trigger attributes aren't satisfactory.

Increasing pre-travel on a Glock trigger

The dangers involved in decreasing pre-travel are well documented.

Are there any dangers in increasing the pre-travel (what the OP is asking about)?
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Quote Originally Posted by BOM View Post
    The dangers involved in decreasing pre-travel are well documented.

Are there any dangers in increasing the pre-travel (what the OP is asking about)?
    DOH! Reading is fundamental.
    Last edited by ST911; 01-26-2014 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oldtexan View Post
    http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.p...t-trigger-quot

In the opening post of the linked thread above, Nyeti mentioned having his striker-fired guns set up so that their triggers have additional pre-travel, as a safety measure, for use under extreme stress. Could someone tell me which parts in the Glock trigger system would require modification to bring this about, and what mods are done to those parts?

Also, has anyone else done this and if so, what is your experience with it?
    You should be able to modify the ramp on the trigger bar where it will engage the firing pin safety later without altering the top portion of the ramp.
    You could slowly remove metal and check the engagement as you proceed by looking through the magwell. Do not remove any metal or alter the top of the ramp that depresses the safety.

Sorry guys, just saw this. Don Ellis (the Glock guy) does all my trigger work exclusively. He uses all stock parts on my guns and keeps stock weights. I "believe" the work he is doing is on the bar itself. Just polishing and angles. My guns have a "little" more take up feel and very short resets. Larry Vickers described it as having almost a miniature short DA revolver feel and then a short crisp reset. Don doesn't charge a fortune for what he does, and my guns have been very reliable and issue free over very high round counts.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Sorry guys, just saw this. Don Ellis (the Glock guy) does all my trigger work exclusively. He uses all stock parts on my guns and keeps stock weights. I "believe" the work he is doing is on the bar itself. Just polishing and angles. My guns have a "little" more take up feel and very short resets. Larry Vickers described it as having almost a miniature short DA revolver feel and then a short crisp reset. Don doesn't charge a fortune for what he does, and my guns have been very reliable and issue free over very high round counts.
    Nyeti, thanks.

TR Graham is also a well known Glock guy in Texas.

832-695-7192

P.O. Box 126422
    Benbrook, TX 76126

trgraham@theglocksmith.com

User Tag List