Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: "R.I.P" Radically Invasive Projectile".

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Take a look at the videos from the manufacturer--their own videos show the ammo to perform poorly. The bullet breaks into numerous pieces, decreasing mass and bullet size. Below is a screen capture of a shot they claim is into a 20" long block of bare gel (although they shot the test R-L instead of the industry standard L-R...). Nonetheless, most of the small fragments appear stay at a very superficial depth (about 5" or so in the photo) and just a small caliber size piece of the base penetrates to any decent depth (around 17" in the photo) while making a very minimal permanent crush cavity.

I've said it before. Ignorance is not bliss. Ignorance is embarrassing (the manufacturer), expensive (the customer), and painful. Hopefully, no one gets to experience the third.

Quote Originally Posted by NickDrak View Post
    I just heard a podcast with the creator of this ammo. He said it was created during a brain-storming meeting with the companies founders. One of them stated "Put teeth on it and re-tards will buy it.....ALL of it". And the "LAST ROUND YOU WILL EVER NEED"!!!" was born.
    Well that clearly is the problem, they put copper teeth on it. If they had put crocodile or shark teeth then I would have bought some, hell even the exotic geko has scarier teeth then that.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    As others have noted, that appears to be Perma-Gel, to boot.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Take a look at the videos from the manufacturer--their own videos show the ammo to perform poorly. The bullet breaks into numerous pieces, decreasing mass and bullet size. Below is a screen capture of a shot they claim is into a 20" long block of bare gel (although they shot the test R-L instead of the industry standard L-R...). Nonetheless, most of the small fragments appear stay at a very superficial depth (about 5" or so in the photo) and just a small caliber size piece of the base penetrates to any decent depth (around 17" in the photo) while making a very minimal permanent crush cavity.

[im g]http://i459.photobucket.com/albums/qq319/DocGKR/RIPBG_zps7b6cb55a.jpg[/img]
    You obviously haven't seen them shoot a chicken with it then.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

I suspect it would make a superb chicken destroying load, probably damaging to small fury rodents as well....
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

NickDrak, why would you post a hurtful allegation like that and not post the link to the podcast? You're no fun.

I caught this on Facebook . . . OK, haha, we're all having fun. This is nice.
    But I hadn't seen the videos, so I bopped over to Youtube. OK, last round you'll ever need . . . blow up a balloon . . . acoustic waves imparted along predictable vectors . . . yes, yes, this is all very standard and your Youtube appears to be in order. I guess my work is done here. But what's this squiggly line-stuff here below the video?
    OH MY GOD IT'S A COMMENT THEY'RE ALL COMMENTS AND I SAW THE COMMENTS AND I LOOKED AT THE COMMENTS AND I READ THE COMMENTS AND THE COMMENTS LOOKED AT ME . . . .

It's too late for me. Save yourselves.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    This whole thing has reminded me that I have some MagSafe 7.62 Tokarev loads lying around someplace that I bought for the sole reason of doing dumb things like shooting watermelons and milk jugs. I mean, a 2100fs 52gr fragmenting projectile might not be all that hot for self defense, but for stupid fun, it's gotta be up there with setting off M-80s under trash cans.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Man oh man has this crap taken over FaceBook!

I'm a member of a LE Only FB page with thousands of members and a link to this ammo has been posted at least 30 times in the past 12 hours or so. The comments about this R.I.P. ammo defeating body armor and being a "LEOs worst nightmare" are in overdrive. It's comical.

Quote Originally Posted by NickDrak View Post
    Man oh man has this crap taken over FaceBook!

I'm a member of a LE Only FB page with thousands of members and a link to this ammo has been posted at least 30 times in the past 12 hours or so. The comments about this R.I.P. ammo defeating body armor and being a "LEOs worst nightmare" are in overdrive. It's comical.
    You know... I find it quite interesting how there are no denim tests on this crap. The world would be a better place if bad guys used this crap rather than FMJ.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

I may be mistaken, and I don't want to watch the video again and contribute to selling ad space for them, but isn't there a snippet of video that shows the bullet frag'd after hitting an inflated balloon? A MOTHERKITTNEING BALLOON.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

User Tag List