Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: "R.I.P" Radically Invasive Projectile".

And so it begins....
    The Blaze is now running with it: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...ot-manstopper/

My favorite quote is "“This bullet is designed to take out all your vital organs…inferior bullets won’t be a problem anymore,” Brown said.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDrak View Post
    And so it begins....
    The Blaze is now running with it: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...ot-manstopper/

My favorite quote is "“This bullet is designed to take out all your vital organs…inferior bullets won’t be a problem anymore,” Brown said.

I really, really, dislike that this is beginning to make inroads into "mainstream" media. Particuarly the headline "THE ONE BULLET THAT MAKES GUN OWNERS DROOL." Or whatever.

Anyone who is excited at the prospect of making somebody bleed out is not somebody I want owning firearms. I want to ensure that I have the highest quality ammunition that will work as designed when I need to defend myself. I don't salivate over it. Speer and Winchester do not seem to have any problems selling their (almost certainly superior) product without using sensationalist imagery and bloodlusty marketing. Probably because their product speaks for itself.

Honestly I think I prefer the Hornady Zombie ammo in comparison. It showed some self awareness.

Interestingly, one of their other videos does show some barrier tests. Right around the 1:00 in this video, they shoot it through a piece of wood, and it basically fails. The trocars don't violently separate, it looks like only 1 or 2 come off.

But dat watermelon doe?

Indeed. Their auto glass video is pretty sad, maybe 7 inches of penetration and minimal fragmentation.

This crap is now on not only the Blaze but also Ace of Spades...
    The stupid is growing beyond our ability to contain it

I'm gonna go cry now...
    I am not fat, I am wearing organic body armor.
    "Foreign policy is best left to the people with a head for negotiation and satisfying others without really giving anything away: customer service representatives."
    - Sheepdog247

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by DanH View Post
    This crap is now on not only the Blaze but also Ace of Spades...
    Dear suffering Shiva, it never fails to amaze me how ignorant the general "gun enthusiast conservative interweb" is.

The comments sections at The Blaze, AoS, or Instapundit make me long for the raw technical competence and hard factual knowledge of, say, your average Brand-Specific Fanboi or State-Level Gun Enthusiast forum.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Here is a 12 layers of denim test. I think it worked more or less. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxXCNBFy3Tg
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Here is a 12 layers of denim test. I think it worked more or less. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxXCNBFy3Tg
    I feel dirty just for watching that.
    However a have a couple questions. 1) what bounced off the denim after he fired? or was that just me seeing things?
    2) why is the hole in the denim on the right but the entry hole int he gel on the left half of the block?
    I could be mistaken but I'll be damned if I'm gonna look at that thing again.
    I am not fat, I am wearing organic body armor.
    "Foreign policy is best left to the people with a head for negotiation and satisfying others without really giving anything away: customer service representatives."
    - Sheepdog247

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Even if this does work - and I am not usually one of those who usually frets about jury issues in the wake of a potential shooting- but what happens if the person you decided needed shooting dies 12-48 hours later from the lacerations induced by these spines (or whatever they're called)? I can easily see that leading to a lawsuit.

User Tag List