Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dark Star Gear AIWB + 2011 EDC

Could you show a few more pics of the grip reduction and the way the red dot is mounted?
    Last edited by TORCH2J; 01-23-2014 at 09:07 PM. Reason: clarification

Looking good!

I just sold my 2011 in 40. It was my first 2011 build and it ran well, even won a pistol match with it, but I decided to shoot what I carry and carry what I shoot.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
    Cool looking gun. Great holster.

When you say the RMR makes no difference, in what respect do you mean?

Dare I ask how much the tuned STI mags cost?
    Means that the RMR doesn't add appreciable weight (though I like heavy guns), doesn't worsen concealment, isn't ever uncomfortable. There's no negative to it being there when it's on you, and quite a bit of benefit, for my eyes.

Tuned mags, difficult to say. All depends who tunes them. SVI mags don't need tuning, but used to be iffy on lockback (as that's disabled for competition guns), not sure if they still are.

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    Looking good!

I just sold my 2011 in 40. It was my first 2011 build and it ran well, even won a pistol match with it, but I decided to shoot what I carry and carry what I shoot.
    Completely agreed on the latter. If you're going to be good at something, be good at what you'd actually use. Probably be ordering an open gun before too long, unless someone makes a carry optic division.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Haraise View Post
    Completely agreed on the latter. If you're going to be good at something, be good at what you'd actually use. Probably be ordering an open gun before too long, unless someone makes a carry optic division.
    If it fits in the box and has a 4+ pound trigger, you can shoot KSTG.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

I don't think it'll make the trigger weight, but I can't find any KSTG near Phoenix anyway. Ah, well.

Quote Originally Posted by Haraise View Post
    Means that the RMR doesn't add appreciable weight (though I like heavy guns), doesn't worsen concealment, isn't ever uncomfortable. There's no negative to it being there when it's on you, and quite a bit of benefit, for my eyes.

Tuned mags, difficult to say. All depends who tunes them. SVI mags don't need tuning, but used to be iffy on lockback (as that's disabled for competition guns), not sure if they still are.
    Very cool. I look forward to the future of MRDS on pistols.

Googled the SVI mags, $127 a pop. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
    Very cool. I look forward to the future of MRDS on pistols.

Googled the SVI mags, $127 a pop. Wow.
    If you think that's bad, don't look up the price of the guns. You might have a heart attack.

Quote Originally Posted by TORCH2J View Post
    Could you show a few more pics of the grip reduction and the way the red dot is mounted?
    I'd be glad to, any angles the pictures on the other thread didn't get that you'd like specifically?

User Tag List