Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Some custom Horsehide Holsters

Thanks Derek. Just let me know when you need something. I have a P7M8 handy for molding.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell
    http://www.jrcholsters.com

Here is a sweet Hornback Alligator belt going out to a customer.
    It has a Millennium brown finish and the Horsehide backing is antiqued. It has a thin stiffener to keep the belt rigid, yet thin. A great gun belt that doesn't look like one. Hope you all like it.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Here is a IWB-SS I made for a friend. It is burgundy Horsehide with Ostrich leg trim. I used a light color ostrich, and dyed it black on the backside for contrast. This is set up to handle a couple of different 1911 variations he has.

Nice looking work
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

Jim was kind enough to make me a very nice High Ride for my LWC along with an elegant matching accessory pouch.

My desire for this was driven by my fickle waistline, which does not permit IWB carry with all pants. Jim's high ride proves to get the gun up above the belt line enough to keep it from peeking when accessing the top shelf at Target, and should be a good driving holster as well. Casual blazers usually have to be vented to work with 3:30 carry, and the minimal peek should help with those too Clearing the garment will take more work, but I hope that this will become a convenient option about 25-50% of the time depending on dress.

The service was quick -- less than four weeks I think -- and communication was excellent. I had a really good customer experience.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Ignore Alien Orders

Here are some pics of the AIWB-CDA. This unit is getting ready to go out the door. Based on customer feedback, I have made a few minor changes that enhance the versatility of the holster by adding more adjustability. Obviously, AIWB is the most personal form of carry, as no two people can seem to agree what is exactly right for them. I am sure that while this holster will not work for everyone, it should be satisfactory to the vast majority of users, based on the user adjustable features.

Here is the front side with extra round Tuck Pad and extra oblong Yaw Pad

Here is the back of the unit.

Here is the rear view. notice the curvature of the flange. You can also see the shim welt up behind the trigger guard area.

Here is the top view. You can again see the welt. Also notice that the trigger guard has been molded to the rear, pulling the butt in closer to the body.

This is a front view of the hybrid belt loop. it is adjustable. You can also see the Tuck Pad.

Here is a side view of the loop. The area at the rear of the loop is clearance for your pants. Cap screws hold the loop in place and also add a little snugness against the pants, pushing through to the belt.

Finally, here are some pics of the Yaw Pad. The first double layer is sewn on. The cap screws are supplied to cover the holes. Longer screws are supplied for use with the second pad if more Yaw is desired by the user.

Beautiful work. Have you experienced any issues with comfort using the cap screws on the yaw pad like digging in to the wearer? Also, please explain in detail how the extra Tuck Pad is used. I'm guessing adding the additional piece will push the butt of the gun in further. Again, great looking holster with some very unique features.

ETA - I just looked at your website and it answered my question about the Tuck Pad pushing the gun in further.

Quote Originally Posted by IRISH View Post
    Beautiful work. Have you experienced any issues with comfort using the cap screws on the yaw pad like digging in to the wearer? Also, please explain in detail how the extra Tuck Pad is used. I'm guessing adding the additional piece will push the butt of the gun in further. Again, great looking holster with some very unique features.

ETA - I just looked at your website and it answered my question about the Tuck Pad pushing the gun in further.
    Thanks for the compliment. The cap screws are very smooth in combination with the recessed washers. I picked black oxide SS for durability. They really don't dig in or irritate. Most people will not even need the second yaw Pad.

On the extra Tuck Pad, I found that customers with nylon belts need two spacers. I figure it is easier to throw it all in for the customer form here on out. I also supply all the extra screws and a wrench with each holster.

Wow....that AIWB looks fantastic. All the options and adjustments anyone could want.....
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

On my list of must haves! Thanks for pushing me over the edge sir. I'll be ordering in the next month.

Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket
    AKA: SkyLine1

User Tag List