Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Debris inside Striker Channel, Brass Flakes, Gunk

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    IMO, 17 rounds is not a sufficient number of rounds to determine if a light strike issue has been resolved.

I would pass on the Lone Wolf and get a Barsto.

I'd just like to bring up my previous comment about ammo quality and light strikes, since it seems even more relevant now:
    http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.p...l=1#post193874
    James,
    I agree 17 rounds is not enough. Once I get the replacement barrel, back to the range for more test firing. I am sure it is not the primer seating. These are all factory remanufactured, and I got out a magnifying glass and inspected all 150 rounds that I shot yesterday. The primers are all properly seated. I found the 17 rounds shot by the Glock including the one generating the squib. None of them were light strikes (My CZ makes a round strike, the Glock makes a elongated strike).

Thanks for the recommendation on the barrel.
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by cclaxton View Post
    These are all factory remanufactured
    But so was that squib round, right?

I got out a magnifying glass and inspected all 150 rounds that I shot yesterday. The primers are all properly seated.
    FWIW: Primers need to be seated to the bottom of the pocket. I don't know how you'd inspect that visually, after the fact - unless they were really bad and were protruding from the face. If it protruded, it would probably have caused a feed stoppage.

Bar-Sto Barrels kinda pricey: I found $240. KKM is $165. KKM is more in my price range. What am I getting with the Bar-Sto that I would pay the extra $75 for?
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Bar-Sto Barrels kinda pricey: I found $240. KKM is $165. KKM is more in my price range. What am I getting with the Bar-Sto that I would pay the extra $75 for?
    Cody
    Accuracy.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    With a $75 difference, I'd probably get the KKM.

FWIW: I paid $220 for my BarSto.

I've owned and shot both KKM and Barsto (have a BarSto, gave the KKM away). The KKM shot no better than a stock Glock barrel.
    #RESIST

James,
    I agree 17 rounds is not enough. Once I get the replacement barrel, back to the range for more test firing. I am sure it is not the primer seating. These are all factory remanufactured, and I got out a magnifying glass and inspected all 150 rounds that I shot yesterday. The primers are all properly seated. I found the 17 rounds shot by the Glock including the one generating the squib. None of them were light strikes (My CZ makes a round strike, the Glock makes a elongated strike).

Thanks for the recommendation on the barrel.
    Cody
    Was the squib round the factory re-manufactured ammo? If so, I would see if they would repair your pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nesbitt View Post
    Was the squib round the factory re-manufactured ammo? If so, I would see if they would repair your pistol.
    I resell the ammo. He is taking the cost of a new barrel off my next invoice. I am glad it happened to me, rather than a customer.
    CC

This is what a Glock barrel looks like when you try to shoot a squib out of it...DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME!
    Name:  IMG_20140123_145438.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  16.1 KBName:  IMG_20140123_145419.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  25.1 KBName:  IMG_20140123_145525.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  28.5 KBName:  IMG_20140123_145628.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  32.3 KB

I saw a Wilson barrel once that looked much worse than that one.

User Tag List