Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glock 34 Striker Replacement

I trim the factory springs, they seem to last the longest. It takes some trial and error but I do a batch of 5 at a time....

Quote Originally Posted by m91196 View Post
    I trim the factory springs, they seem to last the longest. It takes some trial and error but I do a batch of 5 at a time....

They normally last and function well with 4-5 coils removed. I would start by removing 3 coils and going from there depending on ammunition/primers and RSA used.

I installed my new KKM barrel (after the squib incident), and test fired it and no problems with original striker.
    Then installed new Zev Glockworx Standard Kit (so it will be IDPA SSP legal): http://www.glockworx.com/Detail.aspx...93696&CAT=3688
    Install went perfectly and easily. I did have to raise up the metal piece above the trigger assembly to get it into the hole. Trigger assembly went in easily with no fitting or messing.
    The new striker was easy as well as the new firing pin block and spring.

I test fired about 80 rounds through it and not a single light strike and it does feel like about a 2.5lb trigger pull. I also like the way the trigger safety works and feels...firmer, more solid. I still need to spend some time adjusting the overtravel screw, but I am very happy with the new trigger. Also, the KKM barrel does seem more accurate, although that is just anecdotal since I didn't do a formal before/after analysis.

At this point I give the Zev Glockworx Std drop in trigger a 5-Star rating. If you give them your USPSA number you get 10% off.

Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

User Tag List