Thread: I know there are WY folk here, so can you shed some light on this EPA land grab??

I know there are WY folk here, so can you shed some light on this EPA land grab??

http://county10.com/2013/12/20/gover...th-wind-river/

(Cheyenne, Wyo.) – Governor Matt Mead informed the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) that he will not honor its decision related to the boundary of the State and the Wind River Reservation. Three days after signing the decision, the regional administrator of the EPA told Wyoming the EPA was granting the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes application for Treatment as a State. Treatment as a State gives Tribes access to grant funding for air quality monitoring, but the EPA decision also purports to re-interpret a 1905 Congressional Act and in doing so expand the boundaries of the Wind River Reservation.
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

I'm not in WY, but I work in Indian Country.

Looks like the Gov. is saying that the EPA decision alters the established boundaries of the reservation, and that said agency does not have that authority. I'm guessing it has something to do with rights to natural resources and such.

He opposes the EPA giving the reservation authority to grab more land in the name of the environment.
    #RESIST

User Tag List