Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: M&P 15-22: thoughts?

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by jar View Post
    How much would said early airweight been worth as a collectible in its unfired state?
    Sigh. I'd have gone and bought him a new 638 myself and traded straight up if I'd known it would have made him happy, and I'd have felt like I was making out like a bandit. It was probably worth five and a half or six bills before it broke. Maybe more if he had the box & docs.

I tell the story because Smith went above and beyond anything they needed to do, service-wise, but every time I tell it, a little tear runs down my cheek, thinking of that totalled flat-latch Bodyguard Airweight...
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

For those with 2-point slings, how have you done the front sling attachment? I know there are several QD mounts that attach to rails. Any reservations about having the front sling point attached to a polymer rail?

Quote Originally Posted by rudy99 View Post
    For those with 2-point slings, how have you done the front sling attachment? I know there are several QD mounts that attach to rails. Any reservations about having the front sling point attached to a polymer rail?
    You'd have to really try to break something to have issues.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy99 View Post

I've got a VTAC low profile bolted up on mine and haven't had any issues. What I need to do is get a Magpul CTR buttstock on it so I have a QD sling attachment point on the hind end too. The Smith does have an attachment point on the lower but I don't like it there.

Just love this little rifle.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

I ended up with the standard threaded barrel version of this rifle and was going to change the grip out with either a BCM or a MOE-K. Does anyone have comments on the fit on these grips on the 15-22? Any issues with the Mod 0 (no beavertail) vs Mod 1 (beavertail) or the Magpul equivalents?

As for intended use, this rifle will hopefully be used by my son when he gets old enough, so that might factor into the equation. He is only 15 months, so I've got plenty of time to break it in for him at some local rimfire matches

I love mine. I got mine to use to teach my son to shoot when he gets older. In the past, I I personally have never really cared for 22lr much. I haven't shot my Buckmark in over 4 years. I always thought that 22s were kinda boring, honestly...

But this little 15-22 is just awesome. Lots of fun. Admittedly, its close appearance to an AR is part of what makes it fun. If it were a 10/22, I do not think I would like it as much.... I did a lot of research on various 22 rifles - these have been out a few years, and you don't find very many complaints about them....

I did a few modifications to mine (I got the non threaded, base model originally)... I changed the for and aft grip, the stock, added rail covers, and I decided to get a shorter Tacticool barrel shroud. Makes it look a bit like a suppressor.

Mine:

User Tag List