Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
I have to ask, with absolutely no snark or sarcasm, what the appeal is for pocket guns like the upcoming Remington R51.

The genesis of this question came about after the local campus PD chief visited my job two days ago. He's squared enough away as administrator to send one of his officers to a Travis Haley class on the department dime, and in our discussions he understood the grave import of having LEOs expertly trained in firearm use.We talked guns and hardware as gun guys tend to do, and so he shows me his carry gun.

An M&P 9? Glock ? Sig P series, perhaps?

Out comes a Ruger LC9.

This actually confuses me.The entire time I was packing my 92FS in a Comp Tac tuckable holster, and he gave no indication he knew I had it on me. The guy was wider and taller then me, AND a LEO.If I can hide a supposedly "UN carryable" duty size pistol from a cop at conversation distance in business attire, why is it that so many folks who could do so choose smaller weapons?
In my home state I carry a GLock 19 and its fairly easy to conceal. When I travel outside where its almost always hot I carry a J Frame. I am just not good with the heat and having to wear a T shirt and a over shirt is just too much for me down there. I can slip my J frame into a pocket easily.
Pat