Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: New Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    and power meter
    Damn. The shot timer of the serious cyclist.
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Damn. The shot timer of the serious cyclist.
    Without the science/data side to it, training is much less fun. I'm already seeing some significant power gains, with only 3 months of training.

Without the science/data side to it, training is much less fun. I'm already seeing some significant power gains, with only 3 months of training.
    :-D

So you're at what... 4.65 W/kg?
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    I'm comfortable sitting on the couch in my boxers fiddling with my balls, but I don't fight like that.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by bdcheung View Post
    So you're at what... 4.65 W/kg?
    Not even close, unfortunately. And based on your Waterfall climbs, you're way stronger than I am.

At 70kg, I have a pretty low FTP. But, I can approach 1000W in a sprint. Many of my rides end up with an IF a lot higher than 1.0, because I can sprint a lot better than I can hold power for long durations. The sprinting really skews my NP.

This thread is reminding me I need to get on my bike this weekend.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

This thread inspired me to take my bike out today. Nursing a couple injuries still, but it was a good ride.
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

Site Supporter
    Great! The weather has been beautiful around here, but today was an off day for me. I'll be out bright and early.

Yea, Lots!

Having spent the majority of my childhood, teenage, and young adult years executing much of what was depicted in the video on bikes specifically built for it, that was g-d d--n impressive. Wow!
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

At 70kg, I have a pretty low FTP. But, I can approach 1000W in a sprint. Many of my rides end up with an IF a lot higher than 1.0, because I can sprint a lot better than I can hold power for long durations. The sprinting really skews my NP.
    Clearly I wasn't serious enough when I was into cycling because I have no idea what the heck you're talking about
    Nice ride. I need to either get off my rear and start riding again or sell off my stuff for gun money. Might keep the fixed gear bike just so I can torture myself though.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    Clearly I wasn't serious enough when I was into cycling because I have no idea what the heck you're talking about
    In gun terms, I showed up for an AFHF class with a pair of custom Heirloom 1911s and ran a 9s FAST.

I'm new to cycling but I'm ready to learn and I have all of the tools needed to get better.

User Tag List