Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IDPA Indoor Nationals in Springfield, MA...High Cap Mags

IDPA Indoor Nationals in Springfield, MA...High Cap Mags

I finally got into this match after two years of trying. However, I am now trying to figure out how to stay within the laws for my magazines. My Cz and Glock mags both hold more than 10 rounds. Do I have to buy 10 round mags just to compete up there? Or, am I covered by Title 18 since I am legally entitled here in Va, and am attending a bonafide shooting match?

This is crazy.

Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Quote Originally Posted by cclaxton View Post
    I finally got into this match after two years of trying. However, I am now trying to figure out how to stay within the laws for my magazines. My Cz and Glock mags both hold more than 10 rounds. Do I have to buy 10 round mags just to compete up there? Or, am I covered by Title 18 since I am legally entitled here in Va, and am attending a bonafide shooting match?

This is crazy.

Cody
    When I shot it with a Glock in 2011, I bought 10 rounders.

That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

I wouldn't risk it, Cody. Blue states like MA won't hesitate to make an example out of a gun owner in possession of a post 9/1994 +10 round magazine. Being able to lawfully possess +10 round magazines in VA doesn't amount to much in MA.

Buy 10-round magazines. It's several orders of magnitude cheaper than trying to fight a court case from out of state, and you can always use them for range practice or to compete in 10-round-limit classes.

Why do they have national shooting events in communist states ?

Because there are still plenty of Americans there, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by 1slow View Post
    Why do they have national shooting events in communist states ?
    There are 8 million gun owners in California. Just food for thought.

Also: Thank you, Caleb. Sometimes I worry that people living in the unrestricted states forget that we're Americans, too.

We are all Americans, I fully agree. Some of unfortunately live under repressive laws.
    The problem I was addressing concerning a national level match is: 1) the hassle of a bunch of free state match participants having to deal with a repressive state's laws, 2) spending money in a repressive state supporting their economy.
    A state level match concerns only those who choose to live there and are used to it.
    A national level match involves people who do not choose to live under that regime being subjected to it. I would rather support a free state's economy.
    Last edited by 1slow; 01-16-2014 at 09:19 AM.

In Mass, soon you will only be able to own these:
    Name:  maxresdefault.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  42.7 KB
    Name:  my_cz-75cwce_750x563_05.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  97.9 KB

...and only with 10 round mags, or course.
    Cody

User Tag List