Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Speed, accuracy, and CCW quals

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Salamander View Post
    The number of IL restrictions on carry are borderline absurd though...
    Ohio's looked stupid when they first got CCW, too, but they've been coming back for half a loaf every legislative session since, and now their laws are really not worse than TX or FL.

The big thing is getting across the Shall Issue line, and from there you just keep running off tackle left on three until you've chipped all the dumb restrictions away.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Ohio's looked stupid when they first got CCW, too, but they've been coming back for half a loaf every legislative session since, and now their laws are really not worse than TX or FL.

The big thing is getting across the Shall Issue line, and from there you just keep running off tackle left on three until you've chipped all the dumb restrictions away.
    But where will the muggers go when the restrictions get chipped away and the trains and parks are defended? (smirk)

CCW classes in general are just a formality to get licensed and hopefully you get up to date and accurate information regarding the state and/or local laws. My California CCW class was a mix of the instructor stroking his ego, threatening to shoot students ahead of time if they muzzled him and trying to get myself and another student to compete with him. Basically the worst Handgun 101 class anyone can take. My recent Nevada CCW class was basic as well, but the instructor was competent, safe and kept the class from being boring.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    But where will the muggers go when the restrictions get chipped away and the trains and parks are defended? (smirk)
    I guess their worker's comp premiums will just have to go up.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

NYC, where no law abiding citizen is armed, and where aggressive LE targeting of criminal possession of firearms is soon to be a thing of the past...

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post

When Dad retired from the Detroit PD, he got a job with some company that got bought by a company that transferred him to Enemy Territory, AKA Columbus Ohio.

No kitten, every TV news report that dealt with violent crime managed to imply, if not state outright, that the young people who were just turning their lives around when they inexplicably found themselves on the wrong side of the law were from Detroit.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrevor View Post
    Not that I disagree (at all) with your point, BUT... there's more than a smidgen of selection bias there. I've yet to see that publication run stories of marginal/questionable shoots that go to a grand jury and/or trial, much less homeowner shootings that are unjustified and turn into serious charges.

For example, I doubt this week's movie-theater shooting, reportedly sparked by an altercation over manners & etiquette, is going to show up in American Rifleman anytime soon.
    I was just having this discussion with a couple friends. One never would concede that there was "selective" reporting ...

User Tag List