Thread: Cold and wobble zone.

Cold and wobble zone.

I noticed while shooting last week the wobble zone was alot more intense then previous range trips. I really noticed it past 15 yards and the only thing I can think of is the cold causing a more frequent wobble zone. (it was 20 out). Anyone else experience this?

Was it windy? I notice that wind can play a big part in wobble zone especially at 50 yards. Sometimes the extra clothing (like a Carhartt coat) can put extra strain on the arms as well if it is tight through the shoulders. The biggest factor cold has played for me is loss of feeling and dexterity in the fingers.

It was a little windy, nothing that was unusual for Montana though. The dexterity issue seems to be a common trait, the person I was shooting with could not feel his trigger finger at all, was still able to get decent hits though. I just felt like the cold was causing me to lose focus on keeping the gun still, making me feel self concious of the shot I was about to break, if that makes sense?

It has been awhile since I have shot in the cold. Dryfire season. All i can say is lots of handwarmers if your shooting outside.

Yes, last winter it was in the 20's during one of my outings and once my hands were numb the groups started to look like a shotgun pattern.

User Tag List