Thread: "Hybrid" AIWB holsters

"Hybrid" AIWB holsters

I had a friend ask me about an AIWB holster similar to this one not too long ago:

http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/AppendixCarry.aspx

I dislike hybrid holsters generally, but they seem like particularly poor choices for AIWB. Anyone have experience with these that I can pass on?

The position of the clip tends to allow the pistol to rotate downward. The Crossbreed clip also rotates on the holster as it is attached by a single point.
    Taking a break from social media.

See the long, ongoing AIWB holster thread for plenty of commentary on the Crossbreed version. The word "joke" remains prominent in my memory. Seriously, all eighty-something pages of that thread is a good read for anyone considering AIWB, but at the very least, read the first two or three pages, and the last two or three.

The so-called "hybrid" type of holster has always seemed a joke to me, as attaining a proper firing grip at the beginning of the draw is not possible, by the very nature of the design.
    Last edited by Rex G; 01-21-2014 at 03:09 PM. Reason: Typo + clarification

I borrowed a buddy's Crossbreed AIWB for a G19 last summer to try, but I only wore it twice. Here was my basic takeaway;
    - Wasn't stable enough during mild activity. I was constantly having to readjust it.
    - Didn't tuck the grip at all or aid in concealment. It was basically a fancy & safe way to Mexican carry.
    - HOT, as in it lays a huge flap of leather right on your skin. It became uncomfortable quickly in the SE Texas heat and humidity.
    Last edited by texasaggie2005; 01-21-2014 at 03:16 PM. Reason: additional info

No. No way.
    #RESIST

If your friend wants a leather/kydex holster, tell him about the CCC leather-comfort-layered Shaggy.

The hybrid holsters with the metal clips have to be one of the worst holster designs that I've tried. They shift too much, the metal clips put tiny holes in your shirts, and are less comfortable than an all kydex Raven worn IWB.

But I hear Rob Pincus is a big fan...

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Looks way too bulky for AIWB. Plus the size would prevent carrying a reload at 11:30.

User Tag List