Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shoulder Rigs

Shoulder Rigs

Who's the top custom? John, you taking custom work?

I know what I want. Will be a full size GM, with two spare mags. Muzzle down.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

I have a Mernickle shoulder holster that's pretty excellent. If I had more cause to wear suits, I might even actually use it.

In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Quote Originally Posted by NETim View Post
    I have that.

I'm looking for one with tie downs, and wider braces.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Riehl View Post
    I have that.

I'm looking for one with tie downs, and wider braces.
    This might be only marginally useful, Bill, but Andrews Leather puts puts a strap across the back of at least some of his shoulder holsters. The strap is at approximately bottom-of-scapula level and replaces those awkward tie-downs in that it prevents the weapon(s) from swinging forward when you bend down.

http://www.andrewsleather.com/traditional.htm
    Last edited by Duces Tecum; 01-12-2014 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Formatting

Quote Originally Posted by Peaceful John View Post
    This might be only marginally useful, Bill, but Andrews Leather puts puts a strap across the back of at least some of his shoulder holsters. The strap is at approximately bottom-of-scapula level and replaces those awkward tie-downs in that it prevents the weapon(s) from swinging forward when you bend down.

Andrews's "Springbreak"is a vertical shoulder rig. His stuff is good gear.

I've had several shoulder holsters, to me none of them hide well, even my Sparks Hardy/Cooper for a 1911 which is long out of production. 6' 190lb.

Quote Originally Posted by 1slow View Post
    I've had several shoulder holsters, to me none of them hide well, even my Sparks Hardy/Cooper for a 1911 which is long out of production. 6' 190lb.
    I don't think this would meet Bill's needs, but others interested in shoulder-holster carry may find it interesting. A CCW-licensed friend of mine who lives in a gun-unfriendly northeastern state swears by the 5.11 Holster Shirt. He's a moderately chunky guy (not obese, just... thick) and he's able to carry a full-size SIG P-series gun plus two reloads using the Holster Shirt under a looser outer shirt, such as a baseball jersey or snap-button cowboy-type shirt.

I'm pretty happy with AIWB carry these days, but considering that I live in what is effectively a 50x90 mile NPE, I've put this on the list of carry methods to try at some point.

Try www.delfatti.com

I see his wait times are insane right now, but his work is worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Peaceful John View Post

This!

My Andrews Monarch is a work of art. If I lived in a cooler climate, it might actually see some use. It did not help that it was made for the P229, which I am too slim to hide well. I recently attached an SP101 holster body and Speed Strip holders, a better fit on my skinny frame, which should make it a nice road trip rig.

The horizontal strap across the mid-back does, indeed, eliminate the need for tie-downs.

User Tag List