Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: If you had to construct a revolver battery

I have done exactly this thought experiment on a couple of occasions.

An S&W 317 .22 LR

A brace of stainless Airweight J-Frames, either Bodyguards or Centennials of one model or another. I think I'd prefer .357's, although they would get carried with .38's. These would be pocket and AIWB guns.

A pair of Model 66's, with 4" barrels. These would be the main concealed carry guns, with .38 Special +p's or the more moderate .357 loads.

A stainless GP-100 4". This would be the "woods gun" and would be loaded with some sort of heavy, rompin' stompin' robot killer loads.

Once I'd gone that far, I'd have to have some sort of .357 lever gun too. Preferably stainless as well.

The new 8 shot 929 with a shorter 4 inch barrel would be nice as a duty gun and a L Frame 3 inch 7 shot version for off duty and a J Frame as a back up.
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by ACP230 View Post
    In a pinch I could do it all in .41 Magnum.

Three inch M657 for carry.

Four inch nickled M57 for barbecues. I kept the factory target grips on this one.
    They are beautiful.

Six inch blued M57 for fun. My first .41. (I used to shoot pins with it back in the day.)

Long Tall Sally, eight and three eighths inch M657 for hunting.
    (I have also shot plates with it and had a lot of fun doing so.)
    That's hardcore bra'
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Very interesting guys.

Even without a response from Tamara yet, I still had to look some stuff up.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    I could get rid of all my wheelguns except this one, this one, this one, this one, and this one, and pretty much have my handgun bases covered.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Smith 642 without the lock, and a Apex Tactical trigger kit. Crimson Trace Laser grips installed. Currently tucked in left front pocket.

Smith 43C .22 LR set up the same way. Hunting it down now.

My much-beloved Colt Ultimate Stainless 6" Python returned to the fold, just the way it was when I sold it to pay for my son's medical bills. Missing it terribly.

Smith Model 60 in .357 with a sweet trigger, used to belong to a Mississippi po-leece chief. Got it from Mark at Summit Gun Broker, most accurate pistol I've ever owned. Put Bianchi Lightening Grips on it, it rides in my parka pocket in winter.

Smith 625 in .45 ACP with a barnful of moon clips, a tuned five-pound trigger, and a set of custom cocobolo grips. Buying one this fall after the car is paid off.

Right back to what I did when I actually carried them. Primary-4" N frame probably the "Hebrew Hammer" in .45 Colt. Back up-J frame of some sort, concealed carry 3" .357 of some variety (model 13/65 or GP100) or the 296 in .44 SPL, and then I would have a snub .44 mag for just cause. My woods gun is a Ruger Alaskan in .454 and I love the thing. Of course i have a safe full of wheel guns in a lot of varieties, so everyday could be an adventure.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    I could get rid of all my wheelguns except this one, this one, this one, this one, and this one, and pretty much have my handgun bases covered.
    Wow.

That is really awesome.

Thank you for that. I guess I never realized you had put this stuff together. You really should get this stuff published in a book.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Thanks for the linkapalooza. I have not had gunwant for a long time, but that 34 /hurts/.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Tam's & Nyeti's are nice.

Mine would be:

Until I get to handle the newer J frames I would go for a sp101 with Laser grips.

Everyday carry would be a 3" RB .357 K frame, back before my eyes went to hell it would be a 13/65, now a days I would go with 19/66.

My .22 LR gun would be the old K-22

My competition gun would remain my 4" 686.

For uniform duty Smith's .45acp Thunder Ranch model would do nicely.

I don't handgun hunt but if I did a 5" 629 would be my go to choice if I could find one. Bet Hamilton Bowen could take care of it for me though.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

User Tag List