Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: If you had to construct a revolver battery

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Yup.

(Nothing about the 5-screw pre-25 above it? I'm wounded. )
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    Last time I picked up a T-grip, I ordered direct from Tyler. It was like going back in time. No credit cards. No online store. The only thing missing was the order form on a match book cover.
    Yeah. Last time I ordered, I spoke with his wife (complete with two screaming young 'uns in the background). I had to pre-pay… with a check. Made me go LOOK for some checks, and eventually had to filch one from the household account.

DB, while I would suggest you call them and get one on order (and don't hold your breath until it arrives), I would also strongly suggest you continue looking for an older one, and grit your teeth and pony up the bucks when you do find one. The last ones I got from Tyler were not anywhere near the fit/finish/quality of some older ones I have.

Apparently, when the old man passed there was a family cat-fight over who got the business. Either a son or nephew ended up with it, and the product and availability have been spotty ever since. This may have improved; my information is over a year old. I certainly hope so, because there will always be a need for these things.

There was a guy on the S&W Forum who was offering cast resin copies of the old Pachmyar adapter. Dunno anything else about them, and in truth putting a cast resin grip adapter on a classic M-27 would brand one a heretic in some circles… but it might do for shooting until you can locate a real one.

Just trying to help…

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Yup.

Color me jealous; truly.

The pre-25 is indeed nice; but we're talking old-school gunfighting hardware here. When the talk turns to target shooting, THEN you'll see some moisture regarding the pre-25…

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Yup.

Nothin' but love here.

So, going through my daily browsing session of gunbroker for revolvers I can't afford, I came across a S&W 325PD. I was already familiar with the 329PD and was excited to see a .45. Then I think, ok... 325PD, 329PD, I wonder if there's a 327PD.
    Yup.
    I'd like one of each please. Unfortunately it appears only the 329PD is readily available. I think it would be cool to have the full set of scandium N-frame PDs.

ETA: also a 351PD, why not.
    Something about that frame/cylinder combo with the wood grips makes me happy, lol.
    Last edited by SGT_Calle; 07-09-2014 at 09:48 AM.

I don't remember if I played already, so I'll play again:

Home Defense- 4" Model 10 or Model 64 Heavy Barrel
    CCW- 3" Model 13 or Model 65
    Target practice/training- 4" Model 10 or Model 64
    Shooting games- 4" 45 Cal Model of 1989 (AKA .45ACP Model 625)
    Hunting- 6" Model 29 or 629
    Fun- Model 18
    Other- Model 637 or 642

Site Supporter
    My revolver battery is made up of the customs I've had built over the years. They either represent something I couldn't find (afford) or something S&W never made in the exact configuration I wanted.

Concealed Carry

681 made into a 3" RB with custom Novak front sight and converted to DAO.

Home Defense, Desert/Mountain Hiking

4th Model Hand Ejector 44 Target with later cut down barrel, fine bead-blast blue, stocks from Grashorn.

45 ACP carbon steel Mountain Gun, from a M25-2 with a tapered 1950 barrel installed. Round butted, tuned, fine bead-blasted & blued.

Competition & Target Shooting

45 Cal Model of 1955 (pre-M25) custom cut to 5". Ramp properly pinned to the rib, front sight pinned to the ramp. Stocks are old, hand checkered Harretts.

Dave

3" Korth Combat .357mag.
    Done.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    My revolver battery is made up of the customs I've had built over the years. They either represent something I couldn't find (afford) or something S&W never made in the exact configuration I wanted.

Concealed Carry

681 made into a 3" RB with custom Novak front sight and converted to DAO.

Home Defense, Desert/Mountain Hiking

4th Model Hand Ejector 44 Target with later cut down barrel, fine bead-blast blue, stocks from Grashorn.

45 ACP carbon steel Mountain Gun, from a M25-2 with a tapered 1950 barrel installed. Round butted, tuned, fine bead-blasted & blued.

Competition & Target Shooting

45 Cal Model of 1955 (pre-M25) custom cut to 5". Ramp properly pinned to the rib, front sight pinned to the ramp. Stocks are old, hand checkered Harretts.

Dave
    Mother of God............

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    3" Korth Combat .357mag.
    Done.
    No auxiliary interchangeable cylinders?
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

User Tag List