Thread: Serious mindset and tactics

No idea what's going on based on that "article".

Maybe the guy was in a righteous fight for his and his family's lives and came off as a hot head to the cops biasing their investigation. The few MMA guys I know aren't the most articulate or calm folks I've ever met.

Maybe the invaders were after the dude for some criminal activity the cops know about but are keeping quiet for some reason.

Hope he has a good lawyer. Is NM a castle doctrine state?

Odd that the suspects would phone the victim before breaking in.That lends credence to previous history between the homeowner and his assailants.

I don't think New Mexico is technically a "Castle Doctrine" state, but it allows for normal self defense. I don;'t see any mention of a duty to retreat.

http://lawofselfdefense.com/jury_ins...-by-defendant/
    and for his family:
    http://lawofselfdefense.com/jury_ins...-by-defendant/

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    Odd that the suspects would phone the victim before breaking in.That lends credence to previous history between the homeowner and his assailants.
    A prior relationship would be typical rather than unusual in a home invasion. Even when such isn't initially disclosed to investigators.

The main reason I posted was because it was 4 vs 1. Two with weapons. According to the photo he's barely over five foot. Thats a whole semi load of whoop ass.

Another thing to take into consideration is that most of the statements made in the article come from this guys lawyer. I would take whatever the attorney says with a big grain of salt. I'm not involved in this investigation, and don't know all the facts but experience leads me to suspect that there is way more to the story than what is being released. That being said, I firmly beleive that every person's home is their castle and they have the right to defend it against unwanted and unlawful intrusion as they see fit.

The best way to discern what really happened is to take a look at what cops are doing. This concept was clearly evident in the Arron Hernandez arrest. Keep in mind that cops must have probable cause to secure search warrants.

I'm not sure what happened this the incident that is the topic of this post, but my guess would be that it has something to do with drugs. But that is merely a guess.

User Tag List