Thread: Indoors in Austin

Indoors in Austin

Can someone suggest a good indoor range in Austin? I'll spend the night there tomorrow and would like to get a chance to get some practice in. It would be helpful if they sold ammunition.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Never been but http://www.redsguns.com

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Quote Originally Posted by SkyLine1 View Post
    -- Thanks, Skyline -- the Googles say it's the only indoor in Austin; if anyone's been to either of their locations and thinks one is better than the other or the whole thing is to be avoided, please let me know.

I haven been in either location in years but they are a typical indoor range. No holster work, no rapid fire (one per second, I think), they want you to buy their targets, somewhat expensive ammo prices. If you rent guns, you have to buy their ammo.

Years ago the north location was called Cook's Sureshot and was great. I bought yearly memberships and shot bowling pin matches on Tuesday nights after work. I still have the trophies around somewhere in the closet.

Ah, the good old days...

Gringop
    Play that song about the Irish chiropodist. Irish chiropodist? "My Fate Is In Your Hands."

Don't go to Reds indoor range unless you love getting flagged by mouthbreathers. That place is flat scary.

I may take my chances -- I didn't see any options (it's cold, though I hope GJM doesn't hear me say that) and I'd like to get some work in.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Red's is okay. The north range I think is a little nicer because it has separated pistol/rifle lanes, so you can shoot your pistol and not have a .308 kick your ass in the next lane. On the other hand, you can go to the south range and shoot 25y+ with your pistol, if you want....

As mentioned in my training journal, it could have been a lot worse. I went south. Prices were ok, folks were nice, and I didn't catch anybody covering me.
    Ignore Alien Orders

User Tag List