Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Youtube, and showing clear...

Youtube, and showing clear...

Quote Originally Posted by R0CKETMAN View Post
    Make a heck of a duty gun

Really wish Ayoob would first show clear...
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    That's cool. But having vid stars obsess over showing ME clear makes me feel stupid or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by R0CKETMAN View Post
    It's unprofessional
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I see it as the lowest common denominator syndrome that infects internet gun discussions. Cognoscenti that default to thinking everyone else is "some accountant" that can't xyz without . . . fill in the blank.

But I'm just being argumentative. Show me once if you must. It's a video. The bullet can't hit me if he does AD. But in some the videographer has to show and mention it 10 times in the same vid.
    Ok this is something that annoys me, can't we just assume that the person on the video did their safety checks before they started rolling?

You wouldn't expect it on any other professional video other than Youtube.

It is not like the bullet will strike the camera, become digitized, travel through the ethernet, be rematerialized by your monitor and shoot you. If you know of a case where this has happened please tell me so I can figure out how, because there are a lot of people that I would like to punch in the face via TCP/IP.

Say what you want about Yeager, but I like his parody of the safety checks.

Quote Originally Posted by PPGMD View Post
    Ok this is something that annoys me, can't we just assume that the person on the video did their safety checks before they started rolling?

It is not like the bullet will strike the camera, become digitized, travel through the ethernet, be rematerialized by your monitor and shoot you. If you know of a case where this has happened please tell me so I can figure out how, because there are a lot of people that I would like to punch in the face via TCP/IP.

YouTube is not a resource for gun knowledge.If you approach every video as an entertaining show with the occasional nugget of truth ,you'll have a less stressful time of it.

YouTube, with some exceptions, is a medium for gun collectors to show off their stuff.I don't want to see ten videos about guns people haven't shot yet.Nor do I want to see how someone thinks about a gun they've only shot 100 times.In terms of skill that rounds down to zero for me.

What i want to see are ten videos about how people improved their shooting performance and mindset.

It is a little odd to me.

If you actually were to attempt to show clear, only to be confronted by a live round in the chamber, would you roll on and post the video documenting it? I would like to think not, but that's just me.

We all step on our manhood once in a while - it's not often we willfully broadcast it to our 7 billion closest friends via the interwebs.

.....Of course someone already mentioned Yeager, so my theory is not without holes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by punkey71 View Post
    If you actually were to attempt to show clear, only to be confronted by a live round in the chamber, would you roll on and post the video documenting it? I would like to think not, but that's just me.
    Tapatalk
    This.

And, when doing video reviews, you have a limited time to capture and maintain your audience's attention.
    Burning a minute off the bat, doing a safety check? Next clip.
    Having a 30-second intro of music and scrolly words? Skipped faster than the ad before the video.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

I don't care, unless they take it overboard and start doing it 3-4 times throughout the course of the video, then it gets annoying. I think anyone can pick anyones video apart on the internet, anyone can be a internet armchair know-it-all, and anyone can make the reasonable argument over nothing. 99% of them would not say a thing in person...

Repeat after me....
    Never
    read
    the
    comments.

I'd prefer people not waste my viewing time showing the weapon is clear time and time again. I don't understand the necessity of showing in a video and the need others have to see it. If I were the type to make youtube weapon videos, I would go out of my way to not clear to spite those that demand it and leave it a mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by PPGMD View Post

What is often overlooked by the internet gun gurus is that videos such as the one which started your discussion are viewed by everyone. Some are what we'll call "gun" people, but many are not. In this case Ayoob, unlike that idiot Yeagar, is well known and well published. He puts the muzzle within inches of his face, mag in, slide closed.

Do I care for my own self interest, no, but it's unprofessional from someone who is known as a professional.
    "Bones Heal, Chicks Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"

If I ever do a youtube video, I promise you guys it won't feature an on camera safety check.

Quote Originally Posted by jon volk View Post
    Repeat after me....
    Never
    read
    the
    comments.
    This. So this.
    #RESIST

User Tag List