Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: ShotMaxx Wristwatch Timer

Quote Originally Posted by DAA View Post
    3. True Spy Mode (activated automatically) will be released in the next week or so.
    Does that mean it will pick up the starting beep from the other timer? If so, awesome feature.

Quote Originally Posted by DAA View Post
    Hi there,

This is Eli from Double-Alpha Academy.

Thank you all for the positive feedback. A few updates:

1. A Mac firmware updater is available as of today. It can be downloaded along with the installation instructions here: http://www.shotmaxx.com/support/
    2. Apps will be coming soon - keep an eye on our website for updates.
    3. True Spy Mode (activated automatically) will be released in the next week or so.

All the best.
    Kick ass, thank you Eli!

Quote Originally Posted by PPGMD View Post
    Does that mean it will pick up the starting beep from the other timer? If so, awesome feature.
    This is how it works: When Spy mode = ON, once the user has loaded the gun (make ready), he will press the start button. SM will disregard any hand movement for 3 seconds to allow the shooter to relax. After 3 seconds, the SM is ready to detect any SHARP movement by using the Accelerometer. Once the shooter reacts to the beep, the timer starts counting and recording shots (sensitivity settings and Acc/Mic settings remain unchanged to what the user has selected prior to entering the SPY Mode). We compensate 0.150sec for the loss of the reaction time which proved very accurate when we tested. You will be perhaps 0.01 to 0.05sec off the pace but other than that, everything is spot on.

This feature has been tested and works flawlessly. We are now in the final tests prior to releasing an update.

Thanks,
    Eli.

ok, super cool dude, super cool.

But why not have the beep be the thing that starts it?
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

True Spy Mode

Quote Originally Posted by Slavex View Post
    ok, super cool dude, super cool.

But why not have the beep be the thing that starts it?
    Since different timers produce different beep levels which proves to be inconsistent. In addition, when using it outdoors, wind comes into play which makes it even harder to detect as well as the timer is prone to pick up other shots near by and activate itself by mistake.
    Using the Accelerometer proves to be the most effective way. It works like a charm.

Good news - the Android APIs for the SHOTMAXX are now available - http://www.shotmaxx.com/support/

I knew you'd have a good answer. Thanks man.
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Slavex View Post
    I knew you'd have a good answer. Thanks man.
    You are welcome buddy.

I received mine in the mail last week and used it over the weekend. It worked great at the indoor range. Being able to time my drills really helps.

Eli, does battery indicator only show that it is being charged, or it also shows partial/full charge status?
    Got mine earlier this week, it's been connected to different USB ports for some time now, the battery indicator is still only half lit.

User Tag List