Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: ShotMaxx Wristwatch Timer

To be fair, my first two visits to the range with the Shotmaxx were without any firmware update. I just charged it up out of the box and took it to the range and there were no problems. I suspect the ability to update the firmware will become more important as the Bluetooth functionality becomes enabled and the smartphone apps are released.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Yesterday's trip to the range showed that the Shotmaxx on "Type 2" beep (loudest) would overwhelm my electro-muff's noise threshold when starting from surrender. With the 24x7 tinnitus band playing in my ears, I wasn't sure I was hearing the beep. So I dialed it back down to "Type 1" and all was well.

It's a handy lil' gadget.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

I was thinking about the SM timer after the match I shot yesterday. Question for any of the owners: would the SM be well suited to capturing my precise shot and split times each stage? I'd like to be able to look at stuff like my split time when shooting pairs on the same target, transition time between targets while maintaining a fixed position, etc.

Ideally I'd like to have up to six strings of fire recorded for later retrieval on my laptop. Would the SM work for this?

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrevor View Post
    I was thinking about the SM timer after the match I shot yesterday. Question for any of the owners: would the SM be well suited to capturing my precise shot and split times each stage? I'd like to be able to look at stuff like my split time when shooting pairs on the same target, transition time between targets while maintaining a fixed position, etc.

Ideally I'd like to have up to six strings of fire recorded for later retrieval on my laptop. Would the SM work for this?
    Not at this point in time. It can only record one string o' fire. When the Bluetooth apps are written for the various smartphones, then it'll be there. Otherwise, it's still a neat little gadget.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    I keep going back and forth on getting one but the inability to update the firmware from a Mac could be a deathblow. We don't own a single PC.
    Hi there,

This is Eli from Double-Alpha Academy.

Thank you all for the positive feedback. A few updates:

1. A Mac firmware updater is available as of today. It can be downloaded along with the installation instructions here: http://www.shotmaxx.com/support/
    2. Apps will be coming soon - keep an eye on our website for updates.
    3. True Spy Mode (activated automatically) will be released in the next week or so.

All the best.

Thanks Eli - that's great news. I'll be updating my ShotMaxx over my Mac tonight.

Heheh! Good news for us Mac drivers.

OS/X rules!!!

Another thing I've done is purchased a bunch of those little mini-USB covers for the USB charging port on the SM. Might help keep it a little cleaner in my often rough n' tumble range world.

Didn't know this product existed, until this thread. Just put my order in.
    Kent

Quote Originally Posted by bkent View Post
    Didn't know this product existed, until this thread. Just put my order in.
    Kent
    This forum has cost me a lot of $$$. It's another NRA/gun lobby conspiracy obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by DAA View Post
    Hi there,

This is Eli from Double-Alpha Academy.

Thank you all for the positive feedback. A few updates:

1. A Mac firmware updater is available as of today. It can be downloaded along with the installation instructions here: http://www.shotmaxx.com/support/
    2. Apps will be coming soon - keep an eye on our website for updates.
    3. True Spy Mode (activated automatically) will be released in the next week or so.

All the best.
    Mac updating was quick and painless. Thanks for releasing!

User Tag List