Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: ShotMaxx Wristwatch Timer

Yeah I need to update mine, the speaker shits the bed around the 50% battery mark.

My first one's speaker shit the bed completely, even fully charged it was warbled and corrupted. Kinda like a Furby from hell (just kidding, they're all from hell).
    Last edited by Peally; 06-20-2016 at 08:37 AM.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Mine works OK and it is very convenient to have the timer strapped to your wrist. With that said, I find the functions I use regularly a bit "buried." While I'm sure it may be familiarity, I find changing par times annoying. FWIW, I've been sniping CED-6000's off of E-Bay and am much happier with them even though they are the size of a small brick. Outside of a public range and the need for the accelerometer, I prefer the old school option.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

The adjust button doesn't work on mine any more. Thus I can't set par times. Not quite sure what kind of warranty it has. Probably none since it is more than 1 year old.

Has anybody had any luck with the bluetooth function on the Shotmaxx? Tried to use it with the Shotmaxx training ap but the timer will only stay connected to my ipad for a few seconds at a time and is a pain to reconnect requiring several re-sets of the timer. When it works it is great, but only for a few seconds to a minute or two at the max.

I didn't really have issues with it between my phone, but it burned battery on all my devices more and I really don't care about keeping all data like that, so I stopped using it for the most part.
    Last edited by Peally; 06-20-2016 at 02:59 PM.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Resurrecting this old thread because it helped me with my ShotMaxx (first version).

The beep on my unit had stopped all together when in Timer mode. I was able to get a sound out of the device when using the countdown mode, but it was a low garbled kind of sound. After reading through this thread, I contacted Double Alpha. I was offered a discount on replacing my unit, but I did not want to spend that kind of money on the new ShotMaxx-2 (even with the discount). My wrists are small and the ShotMaxx 1 is already quite large on my wrist. The ShotMaxx-2 with the improved speaker is larger....

Anyway, I still love the shot timer and use it frequently. So I tried to re-install the firmware on the unit (referred to in this thread as flashing/reflashing). That worked! I am so happy to have my ShotMaxx back.

Some of the links in this thread were no longer present. But I was able to navigate through the Double Alpha website to find the firmware. The old link (www.shotmaxx.com/support) no longer exists. But that does redirect you to the Double Alpha website.
    I found the correct firmware this way:

Double Alpha site: https://www.doublealpha.biz/

>>Select your region.
    >>Scroll to the bottom of the home page, select "Downloads" from the Help and Support section. Click on that and the ShotMaxx firmware update is the top option in the new window.

I know this thread is old, but thanks to everyone who contributed! This was a nice help!!

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy Brown View Post
    I know this thread is old, but thanks to everyone who contributed! This was a nice help!!
    Great to hear that worked for you.

FWIW, I switched to the AMG Lab timer.

There is a 2.0 available on this timer. Anybody tried it?
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    There is a 2.0 available on this timer. Anybody tried it?
    I haven't tried it, but this:
    https://www.doublealpha.biz/us/shotmaxx-2
    "*** Effective immediately, all Shotmaxx-2 timers include a “no questions asked” 3-year UNLIMITED warranty. Whatever the issue you may experience – if you bought it within the last three years (proof of purchase required) you can send it back for an immediate replacement. ***

. . . has me tempted.

I often shoot at an indoor range, and other shot timers won't work for me with other shooters in the bay.

Quote Originally Posted by DMF13 View Post
    I haven't tried it, but this:
    https://www.doublealpha.biz/us/shotmaxx-2
    "*** Effective immediately, all Shotmaxx-2 timers include a “no questions asked” 3-year UNLIMITED warranty. Whatever the issue you may experience – if you bought it within the last three years (proof of purchase required) you can send it back for an immediate replacement. ***

. . . has me tempted.

I often shoot at an indoor range, and other shot timers won't work for me with other shooters in the bay.
    If you get it the details will be interesting. I too am looking for something that can be used at an indoor range.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

User Tag List