Thread: When do you book travel for a major match?

When do you book travel for a major match?

How far in the future do you book hotels, flights, and rental cars before a major match?

I try to do it 3-4 months ahead of time so I can save money. How far in the future do you?

Quote Originally Posted by PPGMD View Post
    How far in the future do you book hotels, flights, and rental cars before a major match?

I try to do it 3-4 months ahead of time so I can save money. How far in the future do you?
    As soon as I have the match confirmation, and have put in for time off of work. Usually 2-3 months, but sometimes less.

Last year, due to a confluence of circumstances and stupidity, I shot one major match with no hotel reservation at all. Not recommended, although it did work out okay in the end.
    -C

My blog: The Way of the Multigun

I try to book as far in advance as possible. With airfare I then watch the airlines like a hawk after initial purchase as the ones I travel on up here the most, will often offer refunds if you find cheaper tickets on the same flight later on. A couple years ago I paid for a few flights across the country off the refunds of just 3 other flights.
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

User Tag List