Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone fit a Wilson Combat barrel to a Glock?

I went to the range this morning (this time at 0900 hours with some sleep) with both barrels.

These two targets were shot from 35 yards at rest (because I was too lazy to drag the bench to the 25 yard line)

Factory barrel:

Wilson barrel:

It was interesting to see the difference in point of impact when nothing but the barrel was changed. As you can see the factory barrel shot slightly to the left. Granted, this isn't scientific. I didn't use a ransom rest, just shot off a bench supported by a shooting bag.

So now to see what this thing could really do. I backed it up to 65 yards and used my truck as support. Here's the group that it turned out:

In my opinion the WC barrel is worth the money and shows a noticeable improvement.

So if you're curious about how the gun is setup:

Glock 17 Gen3 (SN: MXX _ _ _)
    Glock "Dot" Connector
    Sevigny Carry Rear (plain) / Tritium dot front
    Vickers mag catch

I've now put around 500 rounds through the gun setup like this. I like it a lot.

Nice job Kevin!

Quote Originally Posted by Shenaniguns View Post
    Nice job Kevin!
    Yeah great shooting!

The poi change is fascinating. Maybe not all glock leftward shooting is due to poor technique after all, like Glock contends.
    Thanks for the report.
    Last edited by DacoRoman; 01-27-2014 at 01:03 PM.

Great shooting.

What were the group sizes at 35 yards? It is difficult to measure with the pictures taken from different distances but it appears as if they were fairly close.

Those targets are the standard NRA 25 Yard Pistol Repair Center (B8 cp). The black is 5.5" I think with the whole target being 10.5" x 10.5"

The groups at 35 yards are very close. I expected that. I should have (and still may) try shooting groups at 65 yards with the factory barrel. I know the groups would be quite larger (probably off the repair target).

From my experience the problem with Glock factory barrels is they are inconsistent. The longest "walk back" drill I've ever seen was with bone-stock police-issue Gen3 G22. Dude was making consistent hits at a measured 135 yards using 185gr American Eagle. My own G22 after getting the barrel recrowned is money and turns out VERY tight groups.

This particular Glock 17 I bought new and its barrel is not so great, which caused me to buy the Wilson. Could I have sent it back to Glock? Yeah, but they would have sent it back telling me it was in spec. Could I have rolled the dice and bought another Glock barrel? Sure, but it might be just as bad.

The nice thing about the good (Wilson, Bar-Sto, etc) aftermarket barrels is they are usually consistent.

Wish they made one for a g34

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe View Post
    Wish they made one for a g34
    Bar Sto and KKM do.

User Tag List