Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone fit a Wilson Combat barrel to a Glock?

I may have to pick one of these up to see how it compares to the KKM.

For what its worth I have one in G17 and G19 both Gen 3s. Drop in and run with no issues. Chambers are notably tighter, but I run a dry brush after each session before field cleaning sessions every 500 rounds. Groups are generally tighter. As with most machines your mileage may vary.

Aint it fun to tinker?

I had one in my 17
    minor fitting
    locked up tight and and initially I was really excited.
    saw actually larger groups than the OEM bbl. Sold it to a guy that reloads lead. He loves it.

I went back a forth at 25 yards with it and the OEM bbl over several range trips through several hundred rounds. Best groups I shot with the OEM where a 2" 5 shot group (I mostly shot 5 shot groups just for eye fatigue, but did shoot 10's too) where the Wilson's best was a 3.5 inch (5 shot). Tried everything from 115 to 147 grain, couldnt get it under 3.5 inches.
    Pittsburgh, PA host for www.aliastraining.com , and www.shivworks.com

www.anti-fragile.net

In my Glock pistols, the Gen 4 and late Gen 3's shoot so good, it is hard to imagine an after market barrel helping much. My older (K and earlier) Gen 3 pistols have all shot noticeably tighter with the two Wilson barrels I have tried amongst a number of them.

Shawn, what was the vintage of the Glock you tried the Wilson barrel in?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I find the Gen 4 Glocks in general have a tighter lockup and are more accurate than the earlier Glocks.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    In my Glock pistols, the Gen 4 and late Gen 3's shoot so good, it is hard to imagine an after market barrel helping much. My older (K and earlier) Gen 3 pistols have all shot noticeably tighter with the two Wilson barrels I have tried amongst a number of them.

Shawn, what was the vintage of the Glock you tried the Wilson barrel in?
    Gen 3 SN NUR***
    Pittsburgh, PA host for www.aliastraining.com , and www.shivworks.com

www.anti-fragile.net

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn.L View Post
    Gen 3 SN NUR***
    I would have guessed a later Gen 3.

K and earlier, I would almost take reliability for granted, and look to improve accuracy. L and later up until 2013, I would be worrying about reliability and be pretty confident on accuracy.*

* Based on personal experience and a few years of listening to Chuck Haggard.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

My current duty gun is a K series, bought in 2006. It once had 5700 rounds through it in one day. Shot clean, dirty, light mounted and not, ammo ranging from 88gr Remington to 158gr Samson/IMI, subsonics to +P+ to some of the OMG it's SMG ammo DO NOT SHOOT THROUGH PISTOLS!!!!. Zero malfs. Damn thing would even run CCI snake shot.

That is typical of the G17s made before the extractor mess showed up.

UPDATE

So I finally got a chance to go to the range at around 0400 hours this morning. Mind you I'd been up since 1400 hours the previous day and it was friggin cold and I was having to listen for calls for service.

I put exactly 100 rounds of 124gr +P Federal HST through the gun without a hiccup. I had no problem hitting 8" steel plates at 50 yards which is something I could not do with the factory barrel. My intitial impression is quite positive and I think it made a marked improvement in this particular gun over this particular factory barrel.

I plan to to do some side-by-side testing shooting off rest with both barrels in the same gun in the next couple of weeks.

Looking forward to side by side

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

User Tag List