Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Admin Reload: Press Check vs Loaded Chamber Indicator

Agreed Tam. I was being a bit cheeky and bitter at my "state" of affairs.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Even thought I don't think my roommate or my cats will unload the pistol when I'm not looking, I confirm that the gun is still loaded any time it's been out of my sight.

If I do it every time, then I'll do it the one time I need it.

It's when one starts making excuses for why one doesn't have to perform the checklist this time that it comes back to bite one on the seat of the pants.
    We are, after all, creatures of habit.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Even thought I don't think my roommate or my cats will unload the pistol when I'm not looking, I confirm that the gun is still loaded any time it's been out of my sight.

If I do it every time, then I'll do it the one time I need it.

It's when one starts making excuses for why one doesn't have to perform the checklist this time that it comes back to bite one on the seat of the pants.
    Good practice. I do the same.

I drop, visually inspect, and re-seat the mag, followed by a quick press check, every time I leave the house.

Provides peace of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by BoppaBear View Post
    I drop, visually inspect, and re-seat the mag, followed by a quick press check, every time I leave the house.
    I drop, press check, inspect and re-seat mag. A little less drag on the slide both directions, and no worries about the top round moving forward any.
    But I may be a little OCD with that.

User Tag List