Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill Drill times ?

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    you wizards.
    Thanks, I'm 4th level now. One more level and I can cast Fireball. I think later on I get henchmen.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    Thanks, I'm 4th level now. One more level and I can cast Fireball. I think later on I get henchmen.
    make sure you focus summoning, I heard you get a Golem..

This thread is depressing me, I'm terrified to put my draw on the clock after taking a 6 month hiatus from the shooting sports. I feel like I have to start everything all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    This thread is depressing me, I'm terrified to put my draw on the clock after taking a 6 month hiatus from the shooting sports. I feel like I have to start everything all over again.

Taking 6 months off after knee surgery and birth of my daughter. Then switching back to the Beretta. All feels wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post

Taking 6 months off after knee surgery and birth of my daughter. Then switching back to the Beretta. All feels wrong.
    I had one practice session since I've come back with my Timberwolf Compact, and I was like "HOW DO I GUN."

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    Does it make any sense that my bill drill times with a G26 are faster than with a G19 from concealment?

For example, does the shorter slide speed up the draw? Any other reasons to point out? From 25+ yards I see a clear advantage with my G19 but not from inside of 10. Genuinely curious on this phenomenon..

G26 averages are around 2.25-2.50 at the moment from concealment using the proper size target/start position.
    Would anyone else have any input on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    Draws on a Bill Drill - for me to do a six shot drill that taxes grip/vision/driving the gun as hard as a Bill Drill does, I'm probably not getting the first shot done before about .90 or so. I end up hanging on an extra tenth or two while I 'lock the gun up on the target spot.' That's what it feels like anyway.
    I am the same as you in that when I shoot a longer string I take more time to the first shot. I am nowhere near as fast as you but from concealment, A zone @ 7 yards, for singles or doubles, I can post up fairly consistent time to first shot in around the high .8's to .9's. But when I shoot strings like the Bill drill that time to first shot drops to around 1.10 as an average. I definitely feel like I am taking more time to lock my grip and and I aim a bit harder.

As for strings or splits, I have a decently quick finger and I can pretty consistently shoot the string of fire in less than a second with fairly consistent high .8's to low .9's. Again it is the time to the first shot that takes a bit longer than say one or two rounds only. So right around 2.0 - 2.1 range would be my normal Bill Drill times. My fastest bill drill all A's @ 7 is 1.84 with a 1.02 draw and a .82 string, so to me your 1.70 and Stoegers 1.5x is smoking. A 1.39 run, just sounds crazy. I know guys run this fast or faster from competition rigs and pistols and often times larger hit zones, but a stock weapon from concealment, all A's and a 1.39 is crazy fast. Might need to see that one.

With a one (or even two shot) draw drill, it is easy to cheat the grip and get a faster draw, since you don't have to control six shots.

As to blazing one off Bill drills, it would not be inconceivable that the shooter was "reacting" to the anticipated buzzer, and shave .2 or .3 on shot one. If someone can do it three or four times at a that speed, with a random timer, it would seem representative of their on demand ability.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    My times are way slow compared to a lot on here. A good run for me is under 3 seconds, my draw needs work.

What I find amusing about BD is my complete loss of ability to count to 6 when pushing speed. I recently botched a classifier by putting 7 on one target and later went on to work on this. I found that I am as likely to shoot 5 or 7, or 6.
    I've lost an avenue to draw from concealment during live practice and I shoot from a low ready as if coming from AIWB. I've been getting 1.7-1.8. That is, if I manage to shoot exactly 6 rounds.

User Tag List