Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill Drill times ?

Quote Originally Posted by Glock1992 View Post
    Just saw someone get a 1.39 with a stock glock trigger....Ridiculous fast
    I'm not gonna lie. I'm a wee bit skeptical.

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe View Post
    I'm not gonna lie. I'm a wee bit skeptical.
    same.

I don't even believe most of the random Bill Drill videos I watch when I see the person not using the correct size target and starting with their hands down by their holster.

I'll never use the correct size target. I use a uspsa because it's what I have. But the post above that guys says been stoegers PR is a 1.5x (I think, too lazy to double check). I hear Ben is decent, I think like A class uspsa or something. So a 1.39 is pretty fast. That's like a .79 draw and 5 .12 splits. Which is kinda fast I guess. I mean even Gabe is doing those draw times, and that's from concealment.
    Last edited by Luke; 11-14-2015 at 09:23 PM.

Does it make any sense that my bill drill times with a G26 are faster than with a G19 from concealment?

For example, does the shorter slide speed up the draw? Any other reasons to point out? From 25+ yards I see a clear advantage with my G19 but not from inside of 10. Genuinely curious on this phenomenon..

G26 averages are around 2.25-2.50 at the moment from concealment using the proper size target/start position.

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    Does it make any sense that my bill drill times with a G26 are faster than with a G19 from concealment?

For example, does the shorter slide speed up the draw? Any other reasons to point out? From 25+ yards I see a clear advantage with my G19 but not from inside of 10. Genuinely curious on this phenomenon..

G26 averages are around 2.25-2.50 at the moment from concealment using the proper size target/start position.
    I'm a slow Bill Driller, my PR is 2.28 with 5 A/1 C (USPSA target btw) shooting a G17 but it was chemically enhanced by a huge bullet proof coffee serving.

But, over recent years most of my faster BDs have been with my G26. I think there is more slide velocity and the gun seems to shoot flatter and track easier in this drill but that may be an optical illusion due to slow vision or something.

In retrospect I wish I'd saved all the ammo wasted shooting BDs with the wrong objective. Just trying to see how fast I could get.
    Last edited by JHC; 11-16-2015 at 11:54 AM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Thanks for the reply, I'm curious to see what others think.

I would agree to slow down and focus on good hits early on. You can probably attack each phase better with individual drills but that's a whole separate discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock1992 View Post
    Just saw someone get a 1.39 with a stock glock trigger....Ridiculous fast
    I remember a class I took a few years ago when I started getting serious and want do train to be a better competitor.
    John Krupa/Team Spartan pistol course up in Bristol, WI.

John does this 5-shot drill, starting from retention, on a 4 or 5 yard 8"x11" target, proving it to people that they can fire 5 shots roughly around a second.
    He times everyone on a few runs and collects their times, cutting out their initial reaction time (~.50). Rarely do people fail to get to the sub-second mark.

There was a guy from Iron Mt. Michigan who could throw .13 splits all day like candy on his stock M&P. He just had a super limber trigger finger...

I've always been amazed by that. The best I can do with a pistol, on a good day, is a .14 every blue moon...

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    I've always been amazed by that. The best I can do with a pistol, on a good day, is a .14 every blue moon...
    Me too, I am not a great splitter. I think I remember one time, I saw a .13 or .14 on the timer. One time. I've seen .15 maybe three or four times, ever. More like .17 to .22 depending on the ammo and the day and if I want to hit well.

---

Draws on a Bill Drill - for me to do a six shot drill that taxes grip/vision/driving the gun as hard as a Bill Drill does, I'm probably not getting the first shot done before about .90 or so. I end up hanging on an extra tenth or two while I 'lock the gun up on the target spot.' That's what it feels like anyway.

A 1.39 Bill Drill is wickedly awesome with any gear. Stock Glock even moreso. I mean that's like a ~.70 draw and five splits at .14 after that. And that's just gnarly and a lot would have to come together really well for that. I would seriously doubt 1.39 from most people but I also would guess that someone somewhere could do it, if not reliably.

Best Bill Drill I ever shot was a 1.8-something. It wasn't the best because of the time, it was the best because the hits were in about a 3" group. Regardless of accuracy, I don't think I've ever shot a Bill Drill under 1.70 seconds.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    Me too, I am not a great splitter. I think I remember one time, I saw a .13 or .14 on the timer. One time. I've seen .15 maybe three or four times, ever. More like .17 to .22 depending on the ammo and the day and if I want to hit well.

---

Draws on a Bill Drill - for me to do a six shot drill that taxes grip/vision/driving the gun as hard as a Bill Drill does, I'm probably not getting the first shot done before about .90 or so. I end up hanging on an extra tenth or two while I 'lock the gun up on the target spot.' That's what it feels like anyway.

A 1.39 Bill Drill is wickedly awesome with any gear. Stock Glock even moreso. I mean that's like a ~.70 draw and five splits at .14 after that. And that's just gnarly and a lot would have to come together really well for that. I would seriously doubt 1.39 from most people but I also would guess that someone somewhere could do it, if not reliably.

Best Bill Drill I ever shot was a 1.8-something. It wasn't the best because of the time, it was the best because the hits were in about a 3" group. Regardless of accuracy, I don't think I've ever shot a Bill Drill under 1.70 seconds.
    2.2 for a D5 is my PR right now... you wizards.

User Tag List